Fantastic hotel, simply stunning. The rooms are large and comfortable with great views from the balcony. The staff were so helpful and polite, they couldn't do enough for you. We told them it was out anniversary during our stay and they brought us a lovely handmade cake to our room to celebrate.
The food in the hotel is truely fantastic, the breakfast is simple amazing, it has every food you could ever want for breakfast and a lovely terrace to sit out and eat on. The restaurants in the evening were also lovely, if a little quiet as they are expensive compared to the local restaurants up the road. The Thai Lotus food in the hotel as really fantastic though and worth the money.
We actually signed up to become a member of the Accor group during our stay. It cost £100 to do so, but you got a free nights accomodation in Asia which we used on our last night in Bangkok and also 50% of food in the resort when two dine. The free night meant the card paid for itself and then the food was really reasonable priced for the quality. It was lovely to just relax round the pool and have lunch rather than going out for it. Having said that, just up the road when you turn right out of the hotel is a lovely place called Jos's kitchen. It is a travel shop at the front and a restaurant at the back with unspolit views out to see. The place is run by a lovely Thai man called Jos. He is am amazing chef in the smallest of kitchen and makes some of the most delicious Thai food you will ever taste for the lowest prices. He is a lovely man and will love to join you for a drink at the end of the evening. We had some great fun evenings there, chatting to Jos and other guests. I can't recommend this place enough, it is just perfect.
The pool bar also has a happy hour 5-6 everyday, buy one get one free.
We also took the hotel transfer from the airport, which I would definitely recommend. It was only 800 baht for 2 people and a taxi is about 600 baht. The minibus was much nicer with the air con, ice water and iced towels!
The pool in the hotel was blizz, with free fruits given out round the pool in the afternoon. The only downside of the pool was it was too warm,so not overly refreshing in the heat.
Some people have said the lorry's going to the mine were an issue, but after a few have gone by you don't really notice and it certainly doesn't spoil the hotel experience at all.
Overall this is an amazing hotel and we were really sad to leave it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel