“One of the best service you can get!”

Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel itself is amazing and the swimming pool is huge! My kids had a lovely time at the pool and their service staffs are even more incredible. Smiles greeted us all throughout our stay and when I left my oakley sunglasses at the pool side, it was returned back to me when I went back to retrieve as the staff kept it safe for me.

Their attention to details and follow up on any requests from us is superb. Highly recommended if you have young children with you.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Justin T
ChristianSchlegel, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Bonjour Sawasdee krab Justin T,

We are glad your kids enjoy the pool and our services.
I certainly enjoyed reading your review and will pass on your comments to my team, I'm sure this will encourage them to continue to serve from their hearts.

Looking forward to seeing you here again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

On arrival we were welcomed by the concierge taking our bags. We were given a complimentary cold towel, drink & exotic flower which was a lovely touch. The bedroom had a classic French style with a massive king bed & a few small flowers dotted about the room which was beautiful. The hotel itself is pure luxury & immaculate. The staff are very authentic, a credit & can't do enough for you. All restaurants had plenty of variety and we had fun trying all the delicacies! We booked an excursion for nearly everyday through our travel agent. Make sure you visit Maya beach, Railay beach and James Bond island. But if you fancy a quiet place to go then pop down to the beach opposite the hotel which was lush & tranquil. I would defiantly return.. Memories to treasure!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelfreak1712

Dear Travelfreak1712,

Greetings from Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf & Spa Resort.

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort. I certainly enjoyed reading your review and will pass on your comments to my team, I am sure this will encourage them to continue to serve from their hearts.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to us, it is much appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you here again soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

To complain about this resort, you really must be difficult. It has a charm that you cannot find anywhere else. Especially for my wife and I. So many great memories.
We were greatly welcome back by the reception and offer us a refreshing Panada drink and cold towels. Showed to our room and here we go for a 2 great nights stay. Hitomi, the Front Office Manager really become a good friend over the years and enjoy our chat each time. No chance to go to the Spa this time but enjoyed a good room service on our last night.
It is the only resort we will ever stay in Krabi. Looking forward to be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank nico0013fr

Dear nico0013fr,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort.
It is great to read that your wife and yourself spent a great stay.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your comments, please note that I will share them with Hitomi and the rest of the team.
Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Absolutely fantastic hotel, the service was great, I was upgraded on my room (as I'm a rewards card holder). Had to alter my booking half way through the stay, and the manager when out of his stay to ensure there were no complications.

The pool is enormous (and warm), the breakfast was good and had a large and varied choice. I didn't however dine there in the evening so couldn't comment on the evening meals.

It is however very much a family and couples hotel, so you may need to take into consideration if booking, but I was still happy and I was travelling alone.

They have a half thai half English girl on site (poppy) who is very friendly and if you have any issues I always find having someone who is fluent in your language a big plus.

The location is a tad isolated, but there are shops and an Irish pub within a few minutes walk. Taxis are quite cheap to Ao Nang which is about 10-15 mins away and very much the lively area around with tons of restaurants and bars. I wouldn't bother going into Krabi town unless you want lots of shops, but I found Ao Nang had just as much in a smaller area,

In summery I couldn't find anything to complain or be unhappy about. A fantastic hotel with brilliant staff and management

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Beany75

Dear Beany75,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort. We will share your comments with the relevant staff members.

Please let me know when you will return, we will be happy to look after you here again.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Scott L
ChristianSchlegel, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Upon arrival, we were told that we had to pay 1500 thai baht per night if we wanted connecting rooms as we had booked 2 superior rooms via Agoda. Connecting rooms are only available for superior room and luxury room, according to the lady who served us. This information was not available on the website at all. So, we have to top up the difference for the luxury room if we want connecting rooms. It was like blackmail to us. With our luggage and 3 kids in toll, we were left with no choice but to top up the difference. The two rooms were the same size, same furniture, same layout and the only difference was an extra day bed in the luxury room.

The beach was in a terrible state. It's dirty and full of rocks, impossible to swim. We were the only souls there. No convenience store and the nearest restuarant ie. The Beach house, was only opened for dinner. For lunch, we walked to Sabai ba bar. Food at the hotel was too expensive. We paid 150 Thai Baht two-way taxi to have dinner at Bai Tong restaurant, opposite Beyond Resort. Food was excellent at Bai Tong.

No hotel shuttle to Ao nang and we had to pay 400 Thai Baht(after bargaining) to get to Ao Nang. Even though there were daily activities listed on the board, it never materialize for some reasons.

We booked the hotel for the kids' club. However, all the activities eg. batik painting, plaster doll painting, gel candle-making were all chargeable. In the end, we just let the kids play at the outdoor playground and some colouring, table-tennis game, table-soccer on their own.

Upon checking out, the staff claimed that we had consumed the mini-bar though we did not. Thankfully, the manager told the staff not to charge us. This would be our first and last time staying there. The location is too remote. If you want white powdery sandy beach, Sheraton is a better option. If you want accessibility and shopping, Holiday Inn hote is a better option for family with children.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Pigletpam

Dear Pigletpam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, it is much appreciated. I do apologize for you receiving service which was not as you expected. I will share your comments with our Director of Revenue to see if there is a way to ensure a better way of communication with Agoda.

Regarding the beach, as it is currently monsoon season this is a temporary solution, eventually this will improve as the weather becomes more stable and then the beach will be back to normal again.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our resort, I will share your comments with my team.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed for three days and two nights for a short holiday in Sofitel Krabi. We are big family with young children and together with my grandmum.

We had the warmest welcome by director of room and front desk staff. The room was clean and ready for us to move in. Once settled down in the room, we had the lunch at the restaurant near the pool. Since we are Muslim and we are very particular of the food. We told the waiter and they prepared in the Muslim kitchen. We clarify with the staff is it really there is Muslim kitchen; they mention that in the hotel there are many Muslim staff working. The hotel has to prepare for them as well. This made us peace of mind.

The food quality and service level is excellent in the entire restaurant in the hotel.

We booked the sofitel private boat for my whole family for the next day to go Bomboo Island and 4 island tour. We were served by Miss Wi (Activities Butler). She was excellent staff in customer service and suggesting the best for us.

The second day we started with delicious breakfast and went for the island tour. We was welcomed by Mr Chart(Tour Guide), Mr Chet(Boat Captain), Mr Klur(Boat Crew) and Mr Nut(Boat Crew). I really would like to thank this four excellent staff who took care of my family on the two days island tour. Since my gandmum was old, they was so patience in boarding her and when she getting out from the boat. No words can explain how good they were. Truly excellent service from these four gentlemen.

After Bomboo Island the sky was very cloudy and dark. Tour guide Mr Chart told us that there are big wave in the sea now and the rain is coming towards us so we will leave the island and continue the trip to four islands after it stops. After the rain stop in Bomboo Island we told Mr chart we shall make our move to the four island. While we were in the sea, the wave was big and the boat captain Mr Chet took the immediate decision to cancel the trip and go back to the hotel due bad weather and there are young children and my elderly grandmum in the boat. He was so careful and showed his experience in bring us back safely to the hotel. Since the wave was big near to the hotel, he decided to stop the boat at aohang. Hotel staff was inform of our return and once we reach aohang, Miss Wi was there waiting for us with umbrella in the heavy rain.

Once we reach the hotel, we was greeted by hotel staff with hot beverages and showed their concern of the experience we had due to bad weather.
Since our trip was cancel due to bad weather, the hotel agreed to continue the 4 island tour without any extra cost the next day
We continue our four island tour the last day of our stay and enjoyed each moment. After the trip, we rest about 5 hour and then checked-out the hotel. We were farewell by hotel staff with the warmest smile and customer service once again.

My niece had travelled and stayed in many 5 star hotels before, but she never had written a thank you letter to the staff before. But for sofitel krabi she wrote one and gave it to the front desk staff.

sofitel krabi phokeethra golf and spa resort has the best team and truly a excellent hotel. Thank you for the truly excellent hospitality. See you again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Haja786
ChristianSchlegel, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Haja786,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel, it's really a pleasure to hear about your stay. I'm pleased that our team made you feel at home and welcome, this is definitely one of our goals.

Your experience on board one of our private excursions sounds very interesting, I'm certainly happy to know that our team looked after you all during the trip. I will share your comments with them as I believe it will encourage them to continue to provide service like this.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to us, it is much appreciated.

Your Sincerely,

Beyond Resort Krabi
Beyond Resort Krabi
#8 of 12 in Nong Thale
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort

Been to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!