After 4 days in Bangkok nowhere looked as good as Krabi and felt relaxed as soon as we got into the hotel shittle bus for the 40 minute ride to the Sofitel. First impression of the hotel is the impressive lobby and the attention and welcome of the staff with a welcome drink and efficient check-in.
Things went a little downhill from there, I had booked two connecting rooms and from the description on the website one room was to have pool views and the other a sea view both rooms were side by side and we had a view of large palm trees with the pool and ocean somewhere behind them.(Book a room on the top floor and you may have a view)
There was no information in room on the restaurants or a site plan of the hotel to find where they were, what they served or opening times. Only found out that the restaurant where we had breakfast was also open for lunch and dinner and also caters for AdvantagePlus members.
One plus was across the road from the hotel is a taxi stand and tour boat outlet that was very good value.
One very annoying thing was the Buisiness Centre which had two very old computers that you could only get on late at night because at any other time it was full of children playing computer games.
Now I know the layout of the hotel and surroundings I would stay again as the place is one to relax and wind down with a great pool and wonderfull people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel