“Good 4 star hotel”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel was fine. We knew it was a little isolated before arriving. It is a 25 minute taxi ride to Ao Nang or Krabi town. There is little choice for eating in the near vicinity except the hotel and as other reviewers have commented this can be limiting. Ao Nang has numerous restaurants from cheap to good mid level and the taxi from outside the hotel waited (at a discount) to return us to the Sofitel. The hotel staff were excellent (indeed outstanding) and when we did have a couple of issues the management made a significant effort to remedy the problems and to provide some further benefits in compensation.

The two buffet evening meals were excellent and my wife enjoyed the spa. Breakfast was good except the room's air conditioning was far too cold, but was sat outside which was fine. However when it was raining and we ate inside it was far too cold.

Our room included wifi which worked throughout the hotel. The pool is enormous but the hotel was having some problems with the filter which was still not resolved over our 5 days, although additional portable filters were being used so the pool was still useable.

The hotel was fine for a 5 night stay.

Room Tip: We did have a upper level pool facing room and we would recommend such rooms. We could view the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter A
RobinDeb, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf and Spa Resort and we appreciate you sharing your feelings about your stay with us.

We were delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us.

I would like to express my sincere apologies regarding the pool and air conditioning. I have shared your comments with our engineering team to make ensure this does not happen again in a future.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My trip to Krabi was from 9th September 2013 to 12th September 2013. I choose Sofitel Krabi as it was a little bit out of town. It is suitable for those seeking a quite and a time for yourself place. I booked the Superior 1 King Bed Pool and Sea side.

From the airport to the hotel will take you approximately about 40 minutes journey and about 35km away. I requested for airport transfer from the hotel and it cost THB 2150 (which I find it to be reasonable when I saw outside taxi charging around THB2500). A private van picked me up a came with free Wifi, Drinking Water, Cold Towels and Music.

Upon arriving at the hotel the hotel staff greet you and the Duty Manager Mr. Andreas Stoll came personally to me to greet my arrival. It was 5 Star all the way. The staffs are attentive and friendly. The check in was fast it took me about 5 minutes and they served a welcoming drink Pandan Cold Water and a cold towel.

I was staying at the ground floor facing the swimming pool at room 119. The room was lovely and spacious. It is clean and well maintained. I tried ordering room service and the price there was rather cheap and it took about 30 minutes for the food to arrived (as promised by the service desk). The food was good and perfect for my taste bud.

I really enjoyed staying at the resort as it was secluded from the busy street.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Aizat A

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

I would like to thank you for choosing us as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Krabi and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Your kind words have been passed on to our teams who made your stay a pleasant one.

We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

choose this hotel because of the rating from tripadvisor was really good. was not that impressed. Location was far out, can't get anything unless u take a taxi out which will cost at least 500 bhat. Other than the pool side there is only one resturant in operation in the hotel and u can't get any food anywhere nearby. The swimming pool was sandy and milky as they told us there is something wrong with their piping. There is no free shuttle to to town, shuttle need to be book and is not cheap.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gollie02
RobinDeb, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

First I would like to offer our sincere apologies regarding the pool; we indeed faced minor technical failures with our pool-filtration system. After it has been fixed it took few days to filter the water it as we have one of the biggest pools in Thailand.

For dinning outside, there are few local restaurants a walking distance from the hotel, were our guest can go and explore the local Thai cuisine.

In regards to your observation on shuttle bus service, please note that we have taken your comments and recommendations into consideration and that we shall share at length with our team.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

It was a little bit out of town but easy enough to get a cab or tuk tuk in to town.
The room was awesome with a beautiful bathroom with a massive shower and large bath.
The buffet breakfast had different things each day and I was always excited to go to breakfast.
The pull is massive and is not hard to waste a few ours or a day in or around it.
Wi-FI however is only available in the lobby and is expensive if you want it in our room.
Room service refused to answer on a number of occasions and left us without food, however when we did receive it the food was not bad and well priced.
The staff are very friendly and make you feel special.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
RobinDeb, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

I would like to offer our sincere apologies regarding your room service order. I have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage manager to rectify the problem and we will make sure this kind of incidents does not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much and we all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Krabi in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been for 4 nights in this amazing resort. I can say it's one of the best resorts I've ever stayed at.I was staying at room 354. The staffs are attentive, extremely friendly and accomodating.I really got the impression they wanted to make my stay the best it could be. Everything of my stay there was terrific. From the reception you have when you arrived at the resort to the comfort of the rooms is perfect. I couldn't find anything that was wrong.

The Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort was pure luxury - fabulous rooms, huge bathrooms, lovely terraces and a beautiful setting. Anyone looking for the best swimming pool, a retreat type feel and first class food should go here. I couldn't fault it.

Breakfast was the most amazing buffet with everything to choose from that you could possibly think of and I actually looked forward to getting up and eating in the mornings at the Venezia restaurant.

Out of the hotel to the right there is a small shopping area. You can buy groceries, some gifts and get your massage done there.

I would not hesitate to return to this fabulous hotel and highly recommend it to anyone seeking a relaxing break in paradise surroundings.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Denny L

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your memories about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations, as this is what we strive for everyday.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

lovely hotel but very remote. Breakfast buffet was very good and the pool is clean. Was upgraded which was very nice with a lovely room. Only a couple of restaurants walking distance. If you are wanting to only stay at this resort and not venture out then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank tanushka30

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

We were delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment on the location of the resort. We are approximately 15 minutes from Ao Nang which is the popular place for tourists as you mentioned. We would like to assure you that most of our guest enjoys the tranquility of the resort, though it all depends on the purpose of the trip and holiday.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with friends for three days. Check in was a breeze and rooms were clean, spacious and have all the amenities you wish for. Pool of course is a highlight and the beach is right across a small road. Breakfast had everything you could desire and the staff does everything to make you feel comfortable. Towels at the pool were sometimes less clean than desired/expected, but that is probably due partly to low season at the moment. Overall fantastic place to stay and to unwind. Great food and the staff is always smiling and helpful!

• Stayed: September 2013
RobinDeb, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

I would like to thank you for keep choosing us as your accommodation choice for your visits in Krabi and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Your comments about our beach towels has been carefully noted by our Executive Housekeeper who will ensure this does not happen again in a future.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nong Thale
#1 of 111 in Ao Nang
Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort
The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort

Been to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!