This hotel was fine. We knew it was a little isolated before arriving. It is a 25 minute taxi ride to Ao Nang or Krabi town. There is little choice for eating in the near vicinity except the hotel and as other reviewers have commented this can be limiting. Ao Nang has numerous restaurants from cheap to good mid level and the taxi from outside the hotel waited (at a discount) to return us to the Sofitel. The hotel staff were excellent (indeed outstanding) and when we did have a couple of issues the management made a significant effort to remedy the problems and to provide some further benefits in compensation.
The two buffet evening meals were excellent and my wife enjoyed the spa. Breakfast was good except the room's air conditioning was far too cold, but was sat outside which was fine. However when it was raining and we ate inside it was far too cold.
Our room included wifi which worked throughout the hotel. The pool is enormous but the hotel was having some problems with the filter which was still not resolved over our 5 days, although additional portable filters were being used so the pool was still useable.
The hotel was fine for a 5 night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel