“Most romantic stay!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Most romantic stay!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had the most amazing experience at the Sofitel. My fiancé and the manager of the hotel arranged for the most romantic dinner on the beach for my birthday surrounded by candles and roses. Then going back to the room to more rose petals and candles, with bubbly and cake :)
It really was amazing and beautiful! The staff were so great and attentive. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RobinDeb, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read you have had a great time with us at the Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is truly a unique property, Its colonial style is refreshing and visually beautiful.
The rooms are very generous in size which is what can be said about the whole property, all the way to the pool which is massive.
We also made our trip a little bit special by organising the Sofitel Speed Boat for the day. You pay for it but no doubt this was the highlight from our trip in Thailand. Everything is catered for and we had the whole boat to ourselves. My recommendation to future travellers is put your money towards this service and you will not be disappointed.
Thank you once again and look forward to coming back in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NickBouras
Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is our clear goal to welcome our guests with the high level of standards and facilities for which Sofitel Luxury Hotels is better know for.

We appreciate your time in sharing your feedback, and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Some mixed feelings re our stay. Check in took ages . We booked a sea/pool view room which meant as we were on the ground floor very little view of the sea. I did ask if we could move upstairs as we were staying for 10 days and we could have but in the end could not be bothered. It was convenient to walk out of the room and have such easy access to the pool. As has been said by other reviews the pool is huge and it really does add to the relaxation, there could be a few more bar stools in the pool bar though. Service was mostly good a few mistakes can be forgiven . Did wonder how the rates in the Hotel really worked I felt we paid a bit much and wondered if the many Europeans were on a much cheaper rate than us ( hope I am wrong) The bathroom products were not great and once again I wondered if the many French people staying in the resort or people staying in more expensive rooms actually got different products as there seemed to items on the trolleys that we did not have. Once again we were there for quite a few days when I asked for fresh soap I got a dirty look one day ! Food was excellent we tried the Indian Thai and Italian food and were particularly impressed with the Indian food . The activities seemed abundant although we did not join in much . Staff seemed to push the trip to Hong Island and I am so glad I resisted and waited till we could do the 4 Island trip instead although there were some issues with it . Boat was lovely as you would expect but no refreshments were offered till lunchtime ,we all had to ask for water, and I would have thought thermos tea or coffee would have been included for a full day trip we were back at around 3.00 and I wonder if they skipped something. Also the toilet facilities were a much better option than those on some of the small islands we were at but no paper was provided (we had some )!the activities people need to look in to that ,I wonder there have been no one else who has brought it to they"r e attention before. Seemed strange that for a relatively new resort the televisions are so old (no flat screens in a 5 star !) This review seems negative but it is just matters that could be brought to the Hotels attention. It was nice staying somewhere with such a European feel in the middle of Thailand. It was very quiet but this suited our holiday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear your stay was satisfactory and I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

The rates we offer are standard and differ only based on the time of year in which you visit and also the booking source can make rates differ slightly, however, Sofitel Luxury Hotels does it’s best to offer the best direct rates regardless of where our guests are from.

We do have different room amenities which come as a package for our suite bookings, I am truly sorry to hear that the ones you had did not meet your expectations.

We, at Sofitel, strive to provide the highest standard of service therefore your feedback is invaluable to us. Please rest assured that we have taken note of your comments and are looking into appropriate measures to address the problems to the related departments in order to avoid this happening in the future.

We appreciate your time in sharing your concerns, and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I did enjoy staying with two of my good friends for our weekend get away. Clean room, attentive staffs with great hospitality, HUGE pool and relaxing spa offering good massage. Nothing to complain except the breakfast menu. We end up skipping the breakfast after few days since we are sick and tired of eating same food every morning. I may go back to this hotel one of these days but I will just get a room without breakfast!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RobinDeb, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

In regard to your observation on the quality of our breakfast, I have taken the liberty to share your comments at length with our Executive Chef, so that we shall take necessary measures.
Please rest assured that at Sofitel, we strive to provide our guests with the highest of standards in quality and service by, not only meeting but also exceeding their expectations.

We appreciate your time in sharing your concerns, and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sydney
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Wow! what a resort! attentive staff, relaxing just brilliant!

we stayed in the pool and seaside room, I was dissapointed that they were only "seaside" I thought there would be a view... but nevertheless great rooms, opulent luxury! The pool!!!! the pool is HUGE! you will not think your sharing it with other guest, you will find your own area and its so large no one is around you. The kids club is also great! the ladies there were so attentive and caring for the kids.

We had dinner at the Indian restuarant which had a great setting outside. Buffet breakfast is also great.

One point I would like to make was the service! Unbelievable!!! my son broke a glass in the room, we called house keeping, the lady swept it, then got on her knees with a wet towel and wiped practically the whole room to ensure there was nothing missed!! she then went and got another towel for us, I was amazed at the quality of service at this place!

Be mindful if you want to book the private boat tour to hong island you may be dissapointed as it requires min 6 adults to go!

the only thing I can fault is the location, for me, it was too far from anything. Basically once your there your stuck unless you want to spend 400 bhatt for a taxi to Ao-Nang and then the same to return!
Its great if your looking for seclusion and would be an ideal honeymoon location

all in all a great hotel

Room Tip: dont fall for the seaside rooms, they are just seaside no view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RobinDeb, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2013

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Dear General manager and the staff of Sofitel..

I am overwhelmed with the stay and hospitality service offered during the stay. Me and my wife visited for our honeymoon and to my notice it was a kind of a luxury mode for us.
We were treated as a king and a queen in the palace of the luxury hotel.
in short the big rooms, polite staff, amazing view.. fully rejuvenated during the stay.

I was very happy and excited when we were offered a pool view room against one booked online giving a hill view.. Breakfast had plenty of choice and was too heavy till afternoon. specially the juices and the and cakes.

should visit next year for my second honeymoon, also would like to suggest sofitel chef for making a good choice for Indian food too that too veg shall be thankful for the vegetarian people.

Overall stay was pleasant and we are happy.. together..

I hope the deposit amount would be refunded back in few days.. actually the deposit charges should be highlighted in the hotel policy Anyways a BIG THANK YOU for making our honeymoon and special one.

Regards, Rohit & Vidya Patil.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab,

We would also like to thank you and assure you that we have taken good note of your comments regarding the Indian food. We shall be looking into appropriate measures in the future to ensure our guests' entire satisfaction.

We appreciate your time in sharing your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcome you back again for more memorable moments with us.

Pak Kret, Thailand
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We spent three nights in Krabi's Sofitle Hotel and it was very enjoyable. I traveled with my wife and kids (5 and 8). The Hotel is very family oriented with a Kid's Club very well equipped and very nice staff. Our check-in took a little longer than I was expecting, but everything I have requested for my room was there. The room as clean, and well maintained and well located. We stayed on the third floor with balcony over the garden and pool. It was very quiet. The pool is huge and the beach is across the street. There were lounge chairs and towels on the beach, it was very relaxing.

There are several choices for food. Maya where we had breakfast buffet. Poda grill by the pool where we had lunch a couple of times and had a very nice conversation with the host. The Italian restaurant was OK too where I ate the first night. On our second day, we ate at White Lotus and the Thai food and service was fantastic. I love "Khao Niaw Mamuang" and it was delicious there.

The staff at the front desk was polite and efficient. The activities office was busy most of the time because of being a long weekend. However, they organize a nice tour for us on one of the Sofitel speed boat and our guide Khun Chai was on top of everything. We all had a great time and plan to come back hopefully we will get better weather. I recommend this Hotel for families with small kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Beyond Resort Krabi
Beyond Resort Krabi
#8 of 12 in Nong Thale
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort

Been to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!