Why isn't that "ugly paved massive truck traffic road" right in between hotel's garden and beach stated online? Because: 1) it's not glamour and Sofitel knows that 2) customers paying up to 200USD / nigh want direct (and quiet) access on the beach , not having to pass by an "ugly paved massive traffic road" boarder. Apart from that: facility is isolated , you won't get nowhere by foot. Except to those great restaurants 15 min walking on the left-side of the road. Beach is boring because narrow , noisy (cf. road) and access to sea gets complicated by rocks on the sand. We didn't see many folks down there.
Breakfast is fantastic , and the bar serves good cocktails. We didn't to try lunch or dinner because we found it extremely pricey (without taxes, imagine). Over 10USD for a pad thai, you must be kidding. I can get one 100m away from the hotel for 2USD. And guess what, sea view while eating it.
What is that 20's century horrible TV doing in the room? The one my dad purchased in early 90's looked even better than this one. And why is Sofitel management so stingy with shower gels? One super little bottle for two persons every morning? That's so cheap.
That's the missing part. Spotty and globally unefficient. Very smiling and sweet , but in a star-rated hotel, thats just not enough. Rarely someone around at the pool to get you a towel. No free wifi, wanted to charge us 10USD extra just to call us a taxi to the airport. No shuttle service to the airport either. Aren't we supposed to be guests?
At over 200USD per night , we expected a fantastic experience , like we did enjoy in other resorts. We ended up in a nice hotel with what we found low consideration for its guests. Constently feeling like a wallet , and not a proper customer ends up being boring, if not offending. We could't appreciate the beach as we expected (and we promised) to , and even if the beautiful garden and pool were really enjoyable , our experience and time there is unfortunately very forgettable. And that's where all the problem is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel