We had an 11 night stay here over the Christmas and New Year holiday and already plan to return. I should agree with most of the other recent reviewers that the staff, from ladies in housekeeping right through to the management, were very friendly and efficient. I couldn't really reply to some of the negative comments on the pool staff since we only ate there once and the service seemed efficient. On the other hand the staff in Hemmingway, the club lounge, deserve a special mention for for their kindness and courtesy. I have read some strong words on the breakfast service around New Year. In defence of the staff, the service at breakfast was wonderful for most of our stay, but I think the breakfast people were hit with a kind of perfect storm at New Year - the hotel was groaning at full capacity, the rooms were filled with families with children and it rained, so with no dash for the pool everyone descended on Maya restaurant at once. New Year is busy and these things happen. Hemmingway's phrase about grace under pressure was chalked up on the wall of the club lounge at the time and I think the staff members displayed this admirably.
For the rest, the place is wonderful. Someone at Sofitel has got something very right with this colonial pastiche - all dark woods and calm, fabrics, fragrances and tinkling wind-chimes. Another writer praises the cheese to which I would add charcuterie and a special word of thanks to the genius who manages to get these things to this corner of the world with the taste still in them. The rooms are spacious and restful, the trip to Hong Island is well worthwhile, a baby elephant puts in the odd appearance by the pool, the massaman curry at the White Lotus is a surprising treat, and many of the staff seem genuinely happy and friendly.
We did some scuba diving which the hotel arranged for us with Kon-Tiki in Krabi and I should advise anyone who is interested in diving or even snorkeling, to do these same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel