The resort sent a van to pick us up and drive us to the resort, which was a great touch. As soon as we entered, we were greeted by three friendly, English-speaking receptionists who gave us drinks and quickly got us settled down in our Deluxe Beachfront bungalow.
The beach view was amazing, with sliding glass windows opening right on the beach.
The "rain shower" is quite something - it's very powerful, nice and warm and it just has that something special you can't explain.
The TV had international channels like BBC and Star Sports, and worked fine.
There was construction nearby but we didn't hear it inside the room and the work is only in the late morning/afternoon when we're outside.
The staff are very friendly and will reserve nearby restaurants, call taxis, and recommend places to go.
You can just walk down the beach to get to cheap private longtail boats for hire that can do island trips for you - this is much, MUCH better than the island-hopping tours where you and fifty other people are crammed into a small speedboat and go to horrible places.
The AC is placed right on the wall of the beachfront bungalow, which means if it's not set to quiet mode (which is very weak) there will be an annoying humming/vibrating noise.
The food isn't that good - the good dishes are the pad thai, pad se-ew, fried rice and spring rolls. Everything else (that we tried) isn't good. Do not order anything deep fried from them as the batter will be hard and chewy.
The good thing is that you can just walk down the beach and eat at the delicious (but a little pricy) Tup Kaek Boutique Resort, or ask the reception to call a taxi and bring you to restaurants like the Frog & Catfish or the Sabai Bar that are nearby, inexpensive and delicious.
If you stay in the resort after lunch instead of going to an island/to town/in the pool, the construction noise will bother you, though the work will stop during the high season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refresh your body - Relax your Mind The 80 unit tropical style which fully facilities in stand alone bungalows and building with natural beautiful landscape look out over the pristine beach, crystal clear sea and against the backdrop of the mountains which shelters the resort and provides its unique privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Hotel Nong Thale
- Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort Krabi, Thailand