My husband and I travelled to the hotel for our week long honeymoon and were delighted to be greeted personally on arrival by the General Manager and some of her staff. They upgraded us to a Reserve Villa which was simply breathtaking - with the fabulous and incredibly comfortable bed, an indoor and outdoor bath, private plunge pool, and a shower room.
The setting is beautiful with the hotel neatly nestled into the hillside next to the Andaman Sea. Powder white sand and island experiences are only 10 minutes away by a scenic (but bumpy) longtail boat ride. If you want more variety (or crowds!) - the beach village of Ao Nang is a 15 minute drive away (the only reason we did not rate the location as a 5). If you are looking for a private and exclusive romantic place - this is it!
Our butler, Jackie, was amazing. He handled all the details of our trip - including booking drivers for our golf excursions, making all of our restaurant reservations, making sure we had our chocolates at night - and generally ensuring that every whim of ours was taken care of. He carefully observed our preferences and ensured that we didn't have to ask twice for anything. We were personally escorted to our restaurant reservations on the resort as Jackie ensured that the way was clear by guiding us with his flashlight (although we could easily have navigated it ourselves). Our fellow guests described him as a 'genie' as he would often appear just as you were beginning to think of something you wanted.
One note around dining - although the resort has multiple restaurants they are not all open every day. They rotate dining choices - such as seafood buffets etc. depending on the day. There are usually two open / day, although perhaps this was due to the hotel not being completely full? All the food we ate for lunch and dinner was very good.
We have travelled extensively at 5+ star resorts throughout the world and we can honestly say this is the best service we have ever had. A level above what is typically offered at most 5 star resorts. Thank you Phulay Bay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand