My key to a great holiday is mixing things up a little bit. As a young family, we have to work on a tight budget when travelling, but we still enjoy the finer things in life (who doesn't!). Which is why on our holidays, one day we could be staying at a $20 guesthouse, and the next day, we'll be in an ocean view, plunge pool villa at the Ritz. Variety is the spice of life they say!
Phulay Bay was the ultimate splurge! It has been on our dream list of resorts to visit for a very long time now, and after having spending a night there, I can comfortably say it is one of the most luxurious places on earth! From the moment you arrive, you are treated like a VIP.
The whole resort is a masterpiece, of pure luxe and calm. The staff are of a standard that I have never come across before, they are consummate professionals when it comes to hospitality and fulfilling all your requests.
We were lucky enough to have been given an upgrade to a Reserve Pool Villa with Sea View. It was the pinnacle of all our hotel stays and I don't know how any other place can ever live up to it!
352 square metres, inside and out of architectural splendour! Everything is in excess, the bed (the size of two king sized beds) is of giant proportions, two bathtubs (one inside & one out), his and hers scallop shaped sinks, gift boxed amenities, a bidet, a shower room, an outdoor area with a place to cool your champagne and our own, personal plunge pool that was on an island in our yard, surrounded by a moat that was a tributary of the waterfall trickling down the hill.
And then there was our personal butler. There at your beck and call for whenever you had a request. We were lucky enough to have Wanda, a gorgeous lady with an infectious smile. Our son absolutely loved her. She informed us of the complimentary sunset cocktails, and drove us there in her golf buggy. We met people from all around the world, and enjoyed chatting to like minded travellers who enjoy Thailand as much as we do.
The main infinity pool overlooking the Hong Islands is paradise on earth. The pictures tell no lies, it truly is as beautiful as you think it is.
I went back and forth reading negative and positive reviews, losing sleep, trying to make the right decision as to whether it was worth spending the big bucks here.We were not disappointed, and I am so glad we splurged. This is what we work day in and day out for. The chance to treat ourselves and feel like royalty for the day.
So here's my advice for those of you who are also on a budget (i.e: non-yacht sailing billionaires) that are also deliberating over whether it's worth it to spend your hard earned money here or not.
-Rent a car. It's cheap, the roads are good, and you'll be able to leave the resort if you need cheaper dining options.
- Eating at the resort can be costly. Breakfast is included, and is a great spread, but dinner can cost up to $200AUD a couple. We chose to take our car and drive to the little village of Tubkaak about 5 minutes up the road, and had a brilliant Thai meal, including beers & cocktails for about $30AUD for three of us.
-If you're celebrating a special occasion, let them know. It was my birthday at the time and I was treated to a delicious Mango mousse cake, a bottle of shiraz and a bubble bath complete with rose petals and candles.
- It's true. There's no sandy white beach attached to the resort! Shock Horror!! You can either walk 10 minutes along the seaside to tubkaak beach where it's very pleasant, or catch the complimentary long boat in the morning to the glorious beach in the Hong Islands. Personally, I prefer the pool. It is sensational, and the views are to die for. Who needs a beach anyway?
-Alcohol can get very pricey, but there's nothing to stop you bringing your own. Staff helped us carry our carton of Chang to our room, which we kept cool in the bar fridge. We all laughed about it, yes…we're tight-pocketed..we know!! Haha!
So, I highly recommend this place. Don't be scared, take the plunge. Krabi is paradise and you will feel like royalty staying here. Life is for living, live it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand