We have just returned from 11 nights at Phulay Bay, and all I can say is....wow!
From the moment we were greeted by out butler, Tanya, and the operations manager Carlos at the welcoming pavilion, with cool drinks and cold towels, and a hand garland of orchids we knew we were in for a special holiday. No waiting to check in, no waiting for our room to be ready, even though we arrived at 10am, every thing was sorted.
We were upgraded to a beach villa, which was lovely, traditionally but elegantly furnished, which it's own garden, plunge pool and outside bath. Tanya was fantastic, always on hand for advice, and booking of trips, a lift to the gym, or just to say hi around the pool, not at all intrusive but ever present if we needed her.
Because we had done some research before we left, we knew the hotel was a little away from the main resort, so we paid for half board, which was a great idea, as the food, as to be expected at a ritz resort wasn't cheap, we found the food to be of an excellent standard, although we only ate at the thai restaurant, as it was so lovely there!
The service at this hotel is quite amazing, the staff are truly the best I have ever experienced, you could not lift a finger without a member of staff there to help you, including on the trip to hong island, where they send a member of staff with you to help with putting your towels out and supplying you with cold drinks! All members of staff need to be congratulated on their level of professionalism, but combined with a real warmth and genuine want to make your holiday memorable.
The beach is lacking, but could honestly say I didn't miss it, lots of the villas have their own pools, the main pool is amazing, the beach that is there is beautifully maintained, and a 5 min kayak paddle (free of charge) is a lovely beach, which we went to on a couple of occasions.
There is also a beautiful ESPA spa, where we had a 50 min couples thai massage, a totally amazing experience, followed by a sauna, steam and jacuzzi pool, so relaxing.
If you are after a holiday of total relaxation, in a beautiful setting, being waited on by attentive, wonderful people, I would highly recommend this hotel, it's in a class on its own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand