We chose to go to Phulay bay as part of our honeymoon package for 5 days of rest and relaxation over Christmas before heading off to Bangkok. Overall our impression of Phulay Bay has been a positive one however a few things (specifically the pool service and equipment were disappointing and 100% sub standard)
On our arrival we were met by the hotel manager which was a nice touch, Carlos seemed to be everywhere and always chatting with guests which was good. We were taken to our room (ocean reserve Vila) by our butler and check in was quick and easy. The rooms at this place are magnificent, the bathrooms amazing and bath tub like a private pool.....my wife was v happy here...not to mention the bed and the duvet etc all were above expectations, the balcony and terrace were great and had stunning views and a table if you ordered room service and a day bed for just lounging around on. The TV and sound system were excellent. In all I cannot rave enough about the quality of the rooms, you actually could just hang out in it all week if you wanted to.
The resort feels quite new with some lovely architecture and I understand was actually featured in the film the hangover 2. We found the staff excellent and our butler beek was so kind and friendly, I don't think we used him enough as I saw most guests getting ferried about in their golf buggies but after meals I quite enjoyed the stroll up the slight hill to my room to stretch put a bit. Breakfast were excellent, the evening meals lovely and the beach bar offering 2 4 1 cocktails every night superb.
My only negative comment about this place comes from my experiences at the pool. Overall I believe this is probably due to a poor manager or something like that as everything else is superb. I know I am being picky here but for the cost of this place per night I feel I am entitled to. There was no evidence the pool area was swept every day and there we're leaves all over the decking and in the pool, the pool tenders weren't particularly attentive and I often had to get my own towels, ask for the free water, when people left for the day towels were left scattered on loungers and plates, drinks and rubbish were left out, as we walked home after dinner one night it looked half closed half open, lights left on and disco music on, a punctured yellow inflatable air bed remained in the pool for the duration of our stay and the furniture was good but starting to show it's age, stained beds, ripped mattresses etc - all this combined gave an overall impression of poor management backed up by the only bit of poor service we found throughout our 2 week honeymoon. my biggest grumble about the pool came on our penultimate day, as the resort got busier pre Xmas there were not enough loungers which meant I had to go to the "beach" and enjoy a panoramic view of a container ship unloading. I expected more based on the price I was paying and don't feel it is an unrealistic expectation to want a lounger by the pool. All in all a great resort significantly let down by one key aspect for winter sun holiday - I would advise Carlos to look into this area of his resort management quickly before anymore reviews like this creep in...
I would come back but and recommend this place to friends as I'm sure the pool could be sorted out really easily. Everything else works so I fail to see why this should be the anomaly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand