We have visited Thailand many times staying in various 5* excellent hotel. Phulay Bay was a little different both in design and setting. To find a Moorish Fort painted mauve in Krabi came as a bit of a shock to be honest and took a couple of days to come to terms with! 50+ pavilions set in over 50 acres means there is a lot of space and, unless you are a very keen walker, getting around the hotel is mainly by buggy. Our excellent "butler" Am was nearly always immediately on hand to take us to breakfast, the magnificent pool, Spa and one of the three restaurants (Thai, International & Sea Food - our favourite). She looked after us very well indeed. We are in our mid & late 60s and went to enjoy being in the sun during February. The pool is enormous with "cabanas" to lounge on and a good lunch time poolside restaurant. Staff were great and Chi Chi made sure we had a good place to relax. We were there during Chinese New Year and the hotel was full but generally we didn't find it a problem. The only time we had an issue was in the Thai Restaurant when we were kept waiting for 45 minutes before our starter course arrived. Apologies and free wine were given. We went on half board basis. This offered a more limited menu (you could upgrade and pay the difference) but it was better value than a la carte.
We would go again just to enjoy the hotel itself and relax in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand