One word: WOW!! A friend and I decided to spend a few days of total relaxation in Thailand after an intense sightseeing tour of Asia. After hearing mixed reviews about Phuket, we found this new Ritz-Carlton managed "Reserve" in Krabi. It was recommended to us by a friend in the travel business and we were also told it was the location where the wedding in "The Hangover 2" was filmed! Our goal was to be at a small resort, where you feel miles away from all the "tourists" and where the staff would take care of us and help us relax before the long journey back to North America. From the airport pick-up in a brand new van with essential oil infused cool towels, we were driven about 30 minutes to the resort when you really feel like a celebrity upon arrival. There isn't any front desk itself, just a spectacular welcome pavilion (on water, surrounding by candles) where the general manager herself welcomed us with a refreshing cocktail and we were then escorter by golf cart to our private villa by our very own butler! The moment he opened the villa door, we knew we had made the right decision. The villa are spectacular. We had the largest bed I have ever see (the bed was about 4 meters long!), very high ceiling, natural light everywhere, enormous bathroom with a huge soaking tub and an outside tub and our very own pool! And the way the resort is designed, we really never see the other guests. And the whole decor is thai inspired so you really feel that you are someplace special, not just another big resort with generic decor. I could go on and on about the resort but here's a few tips if you are considering this hotel:
-Perfect for couples (very romantic setting) and families. One night that we were there, they had a baby elephant that came visit...kids were loving it!
-We really didn't need to go out of the resorts for meals. For a small resort, they have like 5 restaurants (thai of course, seafood (in a beautiful villa setting), international, indonesian). The food was spectacular.
-The buffet breakfast has amazing options. We usually had a big breakfast and then just ordered a light lunch by the pool for lunch. Try all the different iced tea flavors!
-Everyone must do the island excursion, they pick you up right in front of the hotel by speed boat and bring you to this untouched island where you can lay down on a prestine beach, swim, snorkel, etc...it is a great morning or afternoon adventure.
-Make sure to be at the sunset bar around 5:30-6pm to sip a drink while looking at the sunset on the bay, a real paradise.
-SPA!!!!! if you are a spa lover like us, find some time to go experience the ESPA spa (a brand we had experienced at a few other Ritz-Carlton in Asia before). I think this is their only location in Thailand. I had a body wrap and it was one of the best spa experience I have had in a long time. They encouraged us to take our time and really enjoyed all the amenities of the spa like the outside hot tub overlooking the jungle.
We would definitely go back again when visiting Asia to have a little bit of R&R after intensing visiting of thailand or surrounding countries. Krabi has many direct flights (we found very cheap fares with Air Asia out of Bangkok). A holiday we will remember for a long time.....hope to be back for my honeymoon one day :). Thanks to all the staff and our butler (his name I forgot) the making us feel so special. The return to reality was hard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand