“Incredible beach, idyllic setting and beautiful hotel (and the food ... I am lost for words)”

The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Canton of Vaud, Switzerland
Reviewed March 18, 2014

When you enter the hotel, you have this incredible feeling of serenity, I don't think we could get better as infrastructure, environment, food (breakfasts were divine, the two restaurants are good too), everything was perfect... I saw that they were doing some maintainance around the jacuzzi/pool but it wasn't noisy.
Regarding the staff, I can say without hesitation that it was the best staff we met during our trip in Thailand, thanks for being so sweet and helpful.
The sunset on Hong Island, seen from the beach, sipping one of their great cocktails... One of those memories we keep forever...

Room Tip: You can book a table on the beach for dinner, magical moment...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Wow. Pretty great resort. Obviously an amazing location, but hotel actually enhances the experience. It's not six star but there's a nice understated luxury the rooms and resort Outdoor shower and bath a nice touch

Tours organized by the resort were great. Food was surprisingly excellent - I spend a lot of time in Bangkok and thought the Thai restaurant delivered excellent food

No reservations about recommending this one

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Natejordon
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in Mar 2014.

+ves:
Stunning beach, probably the best in Krabi
Very tastefully done resort, quite apparent that a lot of thought has been put into design
Helpful staff

-ves
The rooms are small, especially for what you are paying
The food at the restaurants was average

All in all would definitely recommend the place for those looking for a relaxed vacation away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Do not stay here if you want an active nightlife.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nogoodsnleft
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We have just spent a beautiful relaxing week here. The hotel is stunning set in very natural surroundings gardens and landscaping very in keeping with environment. National park forest behind the hotel and lovely sandy beachfront. Staff all exceptionally helpful and friendly, room always clean and beach and bath towels changed every 2 days. Location is quiet and a little remote, but that is exactly what we wanted and hotel offers a shuttle service to krabi and ao nang on 2 nights. We hired a moped and bikes (bikes free at hotel) and found the other road users very courteous and very few in a great rush. Main road is being resurfaced at the moment, which means a bit of dust at times when travelling further afield. Food has been excellent with a great buffet breakfast serving all types of cuisine and choice of 2 restaurants in the evening. We ate out on one occasion and whilst the food is slightly cheaper than hotel, the wine is a similar price. We have been here a week and would happily stay longer, but Bangkok is beckoning. Would highly recommend and would definitely come back.
Outdoor bath tubs were amazing never had so many baths.
Fab early morning trip is to trek up Hang Nak mountain behind hotel great walk fab views but wear decent shoes and take lots of water.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs pool view room, beautiful and very private balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Uk
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful resort. The beach, views and sunset are great and you feel relaxed upon entering. However... We were there last week if February and there was building work around the pool area. According to the manager this was maintainance, but it was building!! Constant noise of an industrial staple gun going off; banging; hammering etc from 8am until 6pm. This was very annoying if you want to sit and relax by the pool. Now there is a beautiful beach to go to instead... But as far as I'm concerned I was paying for a 5 star hotel with 5 star facilities... Which I then couldn't use! I spoke to the manager who told me there was no noise and only maintainence. She was very polite but just didn't seem to get why this was such a problem. February is the busiest time in the calendar do to do work then seemed somewhat bizarre. So I placed myself on the beach and didn't use the pool - like most others!

The Thai restaurant did great food. Like other comments though it was a tad over priced for Thailand. The Italian was massively over priced!! portions which you'd not be surprised to see in pizza expressed but charged at high London prices. We felt ripped off which isn't a great feeling.

The rooms were beautiful. We had a ground floor room and the size was fine and the bathrooms were lovely. Like others have mentioned though our room wasn't made up twice in a 5 day stay.

Only other small issue was children. We specifically chose the hotel as they have a no children policy for February. This wasn't the case as there were screaming children running around and in the restaurant. Not a big problem you might say... Bug if we booked under the thinking it would be child free, then we're entitled to presume that if would be.

So in summary... A great place, but they're missing a few tricks regarding delivering customer service at a 5 star level.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mitsytravels
london
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I'm left with mixed feelings about this hotel. On the one hand it is very quiet and peaceful, the rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean - and if course the view is to die for. The manager Sunny is very courteous and we liked how he made a point of greeting all guests personally to introduce himself. The beach is gorgeous and we did a lovely tour over to the Hong Islands which was organised through the hotel.
The main area this hotel falls slightly short is that it is very expensive. The food portions in the thai restaurant are on the smallish side and we had a better meal up the road in Klong Myang for a fraction of the price. Having said that, it is a beautiful setting so we didn't mind too much. I do think that the Italian restaurant is overpriced though.
The other minor qualm we had was that some of the staff seemed to speak very limited english which was problematic for us at times. I also didn't feel that the staff were all that friendly (with the exception of Sunny).
Overall it was a good experience and we enjoyed our stay but be prepared to spend a lot of money. Best bet is to go into Klong Muang (10 min drive) for dinner and drinks in the evening.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank sexychica
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is a very beautiful resort, the rooms are amazing. We stayed on the second floor after reading reviews before booking that the lower rooms were not very private, but when we got there (we were traveling with another couple) we all decided we would have been just as happy on the lower floor. The rooms are back from the pool and we kept our shear curtain pulled closed anyways plus we did not spend a lot of time in our room during the day. So my suggestion is save your money and stay on the bottom floor if you are wishing to stay here. The staff were all very helpful and friendly, my complaint is they did not have enough of them working the beach area. They have a beach menu but ordering from it is a challenge as no one seems to know who is working the beach and in my 10 day stay I was only served drinks on the beach twice and I had to go find someone every time. Also I did find the food very expensive in the resort and not the best dining experience (there was nothing wrong with the meals, but nothing special either and for the most inflated prices we paid in Thailand one would hope it would be a dining experience) I also felt like they wanted to suck every penny out of you, the free shuttle from the airport is where their generosity stops. My suggestion to you walk out the door of the resort and go up the road and catch your own ride into town way cheaper than what the hotel charges. The rooms are kept very clean but Twice my room did not get made up until 4 pm while this is a first world problem, I am paying first world prices. When I called the front desk to let them know my room was not clean they were very quick to respond. Also the cost of catching a ride into down (or wherever you want to go) adds up cost wise very quickly. Their spa has higher than home prices, I would be shocked if they even do any business, there is a massage place on the beach that gives great massages for a fraction of what the hotel charges. I do not feel it is worth the money they charge, enjoyed the other places we sayed in Thailand way more, and they cost me way less!

Room Tip: Save your money and book on the ground floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rayavadee Resort
Rayavadee Resort
#1 of 13 in Railay Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,749 reviews

Been to The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!