“Cosy atmosphere just right for a date night”

Maya cuisine & Lounge by Jeanette
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Swedish, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Welcome to Maya Cuisine & Lounge!Maya's is an oasis in the middle of Klong Muang beach.Maya is a home-style Asian restaurant,Lounge and bar with a touch of Sweden.Here you can eat delicious food prepared by Thai and Swedish chefs, drink freshly squeezed juices, tropical fruit shakes,ice cold beers, vintage wines, exciting cocktails and coffee drinks.Relax in furniture made of fired rubber tree wood with fabrics of raw silk and pillows in beautiful earth tones.Admire the roof of handmade grass thatch and the walls adorned with the work of local artists, which are for sale.Enjoy your meal, made with care and attention to detail, with handmadecutlery and on unique and colorful china.Or just sip an exotic cocktail in the lounge bar while reading today's newspaper and listening to good music.Please, Call Kuhn Viliawan for pick up and reservation.
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I walked down to this restaurant from Nakamanda Resort and Spa based on the reviews from Tripadvisor. He had a steak while I had a massaman curry. The shoemaker's box was good and I loved the mashed potato which was flavorful. The massaman curry was rich and goes well with the rice. We also had the croquette which had a lovely presentation not unlike a fine restaurant. The ladies were attentive to service and friendly. Enjoyed the cosy atmosphere of the restaurant as well and it's a lovely place to have a date.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were still hesitiating whether to try this restaurant when a couple who just left the restaurant told us that it was really good! Hence we gave it a shot and never regretted.

The spicy beef appetizer was a great start, zesty with a tinge of chilli spiciness. The green curry beef was nicer than that of Sawadee Restaurant, a few steps away. However, the Tom yam goong was less tasty than that of Le Cafe and Sawadee. This was made up by the "Turf Surf" (or "Surf Turf"), a must -try dish with stirred fried prawn wrapped with bacon and comes with pineapple fritter.
The fried banana with ice-cream and honey was just heavenly!!!

I thought this was the best among Sawadee and Le Cafe where I had dinners during my stay at Sheraton as well.

As it's an open area near to the bushes, we had quite a number of mozzy bites...suggest the restaurant do something to improve our dining experience... :)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

There are several restaurants close to Sheraton Krabi resort and all are reasonable both in terms of food quality and pricing. In this one the food was very good: I would call Thai with European touch.
The setting is very basic but clean and the big advantage is that most Sheraton guests seem to be lazy to walk ca. 100 meters up the hill (not steep) to the left of Sheraton gate which means that while restaurants closer to Sheraton get crowded for a dinner and sometimes the service is rather slow than fast there are usually only few people in Maya and you do not need to wait long to get your dinner.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Me and my wife were staying at the Sheraton opposite and went here for a cocktail before going out and decided to order a selection of starters. I am glad I did, they turned out to be the best I have ever had. The tuna is outstanding. The owner and staff are very pleasant even inviting me behind the bar to make my own cocktails. I ordered one cocktail to find a spirit required was not available only to find they popped out and bought a bottle for the following night. The staff cannot do enough for you. We ended up starting our nights out here on quite a few occasions. Now the place may not look like a typical restaurant having a plain concrete floor with a roof, but don't be fooled, this is Thailand!! The food is cheap for the quality you get which to be honest the way it is presented and its taste would not look out of place in a posh London restaurant. The day we were leaving we went for a final full course meal and the main courses were also excellent. If you are staying at the Sheraton or passing by you MUST MUST give this place a try.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great option to get out of the Sheraton. One of the best pad thai's that we had in thailand. Friendly staff - definitely worth going to if you're staying at the Sheraton as the food there is extremely mediocre and Mayas is right across the street. We liked it enough to go back for lunch a few days later. One of the few places, also, that made our food spicy upon request