“A must visit while in Krabi”
Review of Frog and Catfish

Frog and Catfish
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Nong Thale
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located 15 minutes from Ao Nang center in a small village named Din Daeng Noi. It is one of the most unique restaurant/ bar and bungalow operations in the South of Thailand. The chef is superb and the tropical ambience is amazing. It is a hidden gem.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Fantastic find. Gary and Boi are amazing hosts. The food is superb and authentic thai cooked by Boi. Stunning gardens on different levels with ponds and a swimming pool with up to the minute facilities that don't take away from the tradition feel. They have got the balance just right. We swam in the pool, had a drink at the bar and enjoy a delicious meal.We we're driven back to our hotel by one of their staff. On another visit they arranged a wonderful thai massage performed in private outdoor surroundings by well trained masseuses. Nothing it seems ,is too much trouble.

2  Thank Cavewoman1959

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to The Frog & Catfish during our stay in Krabi in May. We enjoyed our first experience so much we went back again on our last night!!

We were staying at the Tubkaak which was a little out the way so were unsure how to get to the restaurant but our hotel phoned the restaurant and Gary, the owner arranged for a taxi to come and collect us and then drop us back after our meal for about 800THB which would be added to our bill!! Bonus!!

The taxi collected us right on time and the drivers were more than pleasant. We arrived and were greeted at the door by Gary the owner, who was so friendly and welcoming. He showed us to our table which was a beautiful private table surrounded by a large pond. Gary's wife Bua has made all the tables, chairs and even the little bridge herself, which is amazing and adds to the personal touch that this restaurant offers. I can honestly say, I have never been anywhere quite like it!!

Gary talked us through the menu and I would strongly recommend to go with his recommendations! He selected us some amazing dishes and really listened to my particularly fussy husband who was not keen on fish but did manage to get him to try some amazing things and he was so grateful to gary for that as the food was absolutely to die for!! AMAZING!!

By the time we left, we felt like we were old friends as we chatted at the bar with Gary and some other guests and the taxi waited patiently outside until we were ready to leave. I have never been made to feel more welcome in a restaurant than here.

I have never experienced service and hospitality like it and would not hesitate in recommending anyone staying in the Krabi area to try this amazing gem of a restaurant!! It was so good we went back twice and I look forward to visiting again on my next trip to Thailand. I may even stay in one of their rooms too!!

1  Thank vickie307
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've been living in Thailand and Singapore for 9 years, and without a doubt, The Frog and Catfish is one of the best Thai restaurants I've ever been to. Add to that the pleasant decor, funky designs, and helpful suggestions from Gary, the gregarious owner from Liverpool, and you get a great dinning experience that is well worth the trek. Very highly recommended.

1  Thank wjleece
Reviewed June 6, 2013

It's a venue not to close to anywhere. But we finally decide to go following to so much praise from the reviews. We met the boss, the Liverpool guy, who have stayed in Thailand over 21 years, spent the latest four years at Krabi.
He was very helpful on our menu order, as you know, the foreigner cannot tell much what's the best from those awkward names.
If it were easy to reach, we would like to come again.
(the price a bit higher compared to average restaurent)

1  Thank 紫百合YSL
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Four of us ate here just last week and had a most enjoyable evening in a lovely setting. Real thought has gone into the planning. Food was excellent and I would recommend you take the owner Gary's advise on the menu which was what we did and had a terrific meal. Think it would be a lovely place to stay for a weekend.

1  Thank southwestbelle