Beyond Resort Krabi
$153
$129
Amari.com
The Elements Krabi Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
$98
$72
$161
$137
Agoda.com
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
$124
$116
  • Pool
Klong Muang Inn(Nong Thale)
$15
$13
  • Restaurant
$150
$127
Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
$76
$67
$420
$357
Agoda.com
Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
$60
$52
Agoda.com
Nakamanda Resort & Spa(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
$145
$124
1,547 results
All reviewscottage roommain buildingsea viewthe cottagesbeach barswimming poolreception areatuk tukklong muang beachlocal restaurantsbeach towelsassistant managergreat beachbeach frontturn rightprivate beachmassage places
Reviewed March 31, 2013

In a nutshell, I'd say ignore the negative reviews & look forward to an idyllic stay at Beyond Resort.
I stayed for 3 nights mid March in a deluxe sea view room. After 2 weeks of sight-seeing, it was the perfect location for a peaceful & luxurious stay.
The hotel style & architecture were much nicer than eg the Sheraton (& definitely on a totally different scale to the Ao-Nang hotels). The virtually deserted beach & views couldn't be bettered, especially sunsets, & from my 3rd floor room, I could even have a shower with sea view (glass panels to the shower). Always plenty of sunbeds with parasols at all times of day. All areas immaculate & all aspects of the pool excellent. No faults with food at breakfast or evening. Super in evening to eat by beach/sea, then have coffee on sofa even closer to sea.
In terms of some negative comments previously written:
1. There IS waiter service at the pool - waiters constantly walking to take orders & if you order at the bar, they always bring to your lounger.
2. Beach towels can be changed every day (accept this could be improved. They change beach towels if left in your room, but obviously beach towels likely to be on loungers then. I asked at reception in the evening, then room service brouhgt clean ones to room virtually immediately).
3. Toiletries in room - body/hair wash; conditioner; body lotion all with really nice fragrance. Also soap.
4. For me the pillows were the most comfortable experienced in my 3 week stay! Pillows are really important to me, such that I even take one of my own on holiday, but I never even used it here!
5. Not a single mosquito bite & no flies/insects by pool.
6. Breakfast not at all a canteen - simply buffet service. I prefer to get my own coffee anyway, so it's hot when I want to drink it. Choice of food excellent.
My only reservations really are the female reception staff don't have the level of English you'd expect. Oliver, Assistant Manager FOH was often on hand, though & his English is very good indeed. I had no problems of communication with any of the bar/restaurant staff.
Also, possibly, Ao-Nang is a little distant. Definitely worth going in the evening. I was lucky as had a relation with car to take me. Sea at Ao-Nang disappointing though (not too clean - maybe because of motor boats) & all 4 star hotels I saw there not a patch on Beyond Resort.
I stay in 4 or 5 star hotels & this was definitely one of my favourites - if not the best!

Room Tip: Deluxe sea view room, 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Gill1950
BeyondKrabi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your recent stay with and for having taken the time to post a review.

Thank you also for all your kind comments and for having updated other readers on the improvements we have made on issues mentioned in previous negative reviews. It’s great to see that progress is noticeable and that the hard work of the team is paying off.

I have noted your comment on the English level of the reception staff. We are intensifying the English classes and we will also make sure that there is always at least one staff with a very good level of English at the reception. The English level of the staff is unfortunately an issue for many resorts in this area but we are making progress in this area as well.

We are delighted that you did enjoy your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Beyond Resort Krabi in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is a lovely place. Great views, great appearance, on the beach with a fantastic pool, however, there is a severe lack of understanding of what service is.

To go into detail would bore you so in a nutshell be prepared for lots of minor inconveniences to add up to leaving a sour taste in your mouth by the time to leave.

The staff are not purposely giving poor standards of service, they just seem to be inexperienced and therefore come across as poor. The hotel at times is disjointed and I believe some basic training would be of benefit.

The hotel is in a fairly remote location but a 15/20 min taxi to Ao Nang is well worth a visit add there is much more going on.

Overall this hotel could be fantastic and although I still had a great time it could have been a much better stay.

NB - WiFi is free in public areas, you do not have to pay unless you want to use it in your room.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank OJKhan
BeyondKrabi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Mr. Khan,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the resort while you encountered a number of shortcomings. Training of the staff on all levels is in progress and we will intensify this now that we are entering the quieter season of the year. I am sure that we will continue to improve our level of service. Please accept my most sincere apologies if we have not met all your expectations this time around.

Thank you again for your review. We will be delighted to welcome you back to Beyond Resort Krabi and we are confident that you would notice improvements.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Well we read the reviews prior to our departure on Trip Advisor and had a few concerns that we had chosen the wrong resort. Let's stop there, this resort is new, and the management are fully aware of the opportunities they have to get the resort to where they want it to be. During our stay we were asked for feedback, which we duly and happily completed in the Likes, Concerns and Suggestions format. Everything we commented on was on the long term agenda of Claude Bates General Manager and Oliver Hadaoui Assistant Front Office Manager. Lots of plans are in place to revisit the Beach Bar area, the plumbing, the bathroom lighting and alternative bar/lounge area. I would like to comment on the positive side of our stay, which I have to say far outweighed any negative aspects:
1. The management were excellent, fluent in English, German and I expect other languages as well. Courteous, helpful and professional.
2. A special mention to' Coco' one of the Beach bar waiters, who's English was excellent, service faultless and his wicked sense of humour. This young man's eagerness to do a good job shone out, thank you Coco.
2. The setting of the resort is awesome and the beach/pool area clean and attractive. The gardens are spotless an maintained by a team of gardeners. The artistic design of the beach villas and main buildings are very pleasing to the eye.
3. The deluxe beach villas are fabulous, a good size, with stunning views, well worth paying for the upgrade. Air-conditioning that works, plenty of towels and sheets changed whenever you requested . Extra beach towels are available we ended up with 3 each! Lighting in the bathroom needs changing, but as I said this is on the management 'to do' list and well serviced by the housekeeping team
4. Breakfast, whatever you fancy to eat/drink is provided. Coffee was served to our table most days by the friendly staff. Some residents commented that this meal was like eating in a canteen. Yes, you serve yourself from large chilled displays, and go back for more as you wish. But if my works canteen was anything like the Beyond Resort I would be delighted.
5. General staff, trying very hard to speak English or any other language required by the guests. It only took a little patience and sign language and communication was achieved. Imagine how hard it must be for them, new to role, probably recruited from the local population and having very little or no language skills and 7 months after opening the resort, they are expected to understand everything we say to them. Would we be any better? and they smile all the time.
6. Everywhere was spotless, you can see both kitchens. The toilets were a pleasure to use.
This list is just the main highlights, and I am sure anyone who chooses to go the Beyond Resort Krabi , will have a very relaxing, quiet and peaceful holiday. Please don't let the negative reviews put you off. This is a fledgling resort which is developing every day that goes by, the long term goal is well in hand, and it was lovely to be part of this growing resort and not once did we feel that we were missing out due to its newness. In fact we felt privileged to be there in its early days and will return to see how its developing in the future.
Out and around the resort, is a fine selection of restaurants:
Baanthai ,opposite the resort entrance 5 stars the fresh fish that you choose is the best ever.
The Coconut, out of the resort, cross the road and about 500m to the left 4 stars, good Thai curries
Sabai ba bar, out of the resort (or walk along the beach at low tide) turn left about 1/2 a mile just pass Paddy's Bar and the storm gully, on the beach side 5 stars.
The Jazz Bar, out the resort turn right 700m along the road just past The Sheraton 5 stars. Great for early evening drinks.
The Cafe opposite the Jazz bar 3 stars, good food but slow.
From the resort beach you can hire a traditional long boat, approx 2300bht for a couple for 5 hours or 2100bht for 4 people 5 hrs. They will take you to various islands for good snorkelling, swimming and Hong Island national park. This is such a good alternative to the mass organised speedboat trips. We went on the 4 island trip from Aonang, NEVER again. Every beauty spot was crammed full of boats and hundreds of tourists. our boat was past its sell by date and went so fast that passengers were being thrown all over the place, even though we were all crammed in! Stick with the long boats and the personal service you will receive, go early though, we left at 9am, this way you can be sure of having the beauty spots to yourself, or at the very least only a few long boats.
To close, thank you to all at the Beyond Resort Krabi, keep up the good work and we look forward to returning very very soon.

Room Tip: 2062, Delux Beach villa upper floor
5  Thank Swallow11

Dear Madam,

It was a great pleasure having you stay at our Resort. Many thanks for having taken the time to post an extensive review.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your kind comments, and also for mentioning Coco who is relatively new in to the team and already proves to be a great asset.

I am sorry to hear about your experience while on the four island excursion. This is one of our guests’ favorite trips and the feedback in general is very good. We will go and have a look at their boats and also get more feedback from other guests. If the service provider is not delivering the standards we agreed on, we will source another company. Thank you for having mentioned it and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Beyond Resort Krabi in hopefully the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked this resort for one night whilst in Bangkok and had no pre-conceived ideas and intended to get in to the area and look around for somewhere to stay longer. Unlike the hotels in Bangkok and Chaing Mai that we had just visited the staff did not welcome us with smiles and few spoke English. Accepting that this is Thailand I had expected all front desk staff to have a smattering of the common tourist language. I had an injury to my leg so was grateful to be allocated one of the bungalows in the grounds. The rooms was fairly basic, interesting decorations, but clean and the air conditioning worked which was fortunate as it was 36 degrees! (The pillows were ridiculous and I was unable to sleep with my head propped up so high). We were ferried through the lovely grounds by the buggies which were readily available. The following morning we met one of the managers, who was Swiss/German, who changed our entire thoughts about the resort. He was charming and helpful and couldn't do enough for us.The breakfast was of a good standard and we had copious quantities of tea and coffee (no charge). The hotel has a great atmosphere and is well laid out/maintained. My only real complaint was that II felt that the 15minutes allowed to check emails free was extremely small minded and had not encountered this before in any of the hotels that we had visited in Thailand. Computer use had to be bought as a package. We decided to use the hotel as a base for the full 5 days in the end and would return there again as the pluses greatly out-weighed the minuses for us.

1  Thank Claire R
BeyondKrabi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Sir,

I have noted your comment on the friendliness at the reception staff and I will ensure that we improve the consistency of the usually smiling and courteous service offered to our guests. We still have a few weak links from an English level point of view in the team and we are working on improving this.

I am sorry for the pillow issue. This was supposed to be resolved and we will do another round to check all the pillows. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
We offer free Wi-Fi in the reception area, the restaurants and around the pool and 15 minutes free e-mail at the Internet stations in the lobby. A flat fee of 400 THB per stay applies for Wi-Fi access in the rooms.

We are delighted to read that despite some shortcomings you would visit us again. We look forward to welcoming you back to Beyond Resort Krabi. I am sure will notice improvements.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Having just returned from a very relaxing holiday at Beyond Resort we can honestly say this is a very pleasant resort ,in a lovely location .At the time of booking our stay we understood that the hotel had recently opened ,we therefore got an excellent deal with various offers and a free room upgrade .So we also took into account that there could be the odd issue that may not be to our liking .
On arrival we received the normal warm welcome we have come to expect in Thailand ,chilled face clothes ,cold drink the fresh fruit was a bonus .During check in detailed information was given regarding all the facilities within the hotel from location of the dining room to wifi availability .
Our deluxe seaview room gave us the best view we have had in 7 years of visiting Thailand .The room itself was of a good standard ,nice firm kingsize bed ,large flat screen tv (with sports channel ),nice sofa etc. Bathroom was large with both rain & power showers .Hand soap ,shower gel etc provided ,although we always prefer to use our own .
We then had a stroll around the premises ,all areas appeared clean and well maintained ,pool area is lovely plenty of sunbeds and loungers , leading down to the beach .
During our stay we only ate breakfast in the hotel as we enjoy eating in local restaurants .Breakfast options are very good offering a wide selection to suit guests from Europe or more local .
Several local restaurants can be found near by ,we used the Banthai ,Coconut, both which offer good value ,towards the Sheraton you will find several more plus a 7-11 ,best to pay 100 baht for a taxi to reach this area due to the number of HGV using this road .If you need a change Ao Nang is about 20 mins away by taxi or hotel minibus .
From our point of view we made the correct choice staying at Beyond Resort it offered what we expected ,a good quality hotel ,lovely beach in a quiet location .Every member of staff we spoke during our stay was friendly, polite and did their best to ensure we enjoyed our holiday .As for the management team ,we have never seen such high profile before ,no hiding in a back office ,from inspecting pool areas at 6-45 am to the bar at 11pm ,checking that guests were happy. The only downside from our point of was walking through the seating area next to the pool when other guests are still eating breakfast ,opening the fire escape so guests could walk to the beach past the villas could provide the answer. Also no HP sauce ,or is that just being petty !!

Room Tip: Go for seaview delux rooms ,just to open the curtains to that view in the morning ,plus evening sunset .
6  Thank hellosun

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your recent stay with and for having taken the time to post an extensive review.

Thank you for all your kind comments about our resort, the service offered by the staff and also for the detailed description of the surrounding area.

I have noted your comment about the access to the swimming pool and we are looking at an alternative route for our guests. I also noted your comment about the HP sauce and this will be available soon.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Thailand, please do feel to contact us directly and we will be pleased to assist with the necessary arrangements. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Beyond Resort Krabi in the future.