This is a new and stylishly designed resort hotel right on a spacious, quiet stretch of white sand beach called Klong Muang. The location is about half an hours’ drive to more-developed but less-peaceful Ao Nang.
The sea views are stunning. As with the other hotels on this beach, the property is private, luxurious, quiet and self-contained. No crowds, no noise, no backpackers or discos here. Just a charming street of local shops and restaurants outside the hotel (but they sold wine, too). Which was perfect for us – our idea of great nightlife is walking on a deserted, pristine beach by the light of the full moon. Check!
Be aware that there are three classes of accommodation: the cottages, villas, and main building rooms, on separate locations within the grounds. The cottages, small semi-detached units arranged in rows and alleys like a cute little village, are reasonable in price, clean and quite comfortable. However, they were rather isolated - a ten minute walk from the beach/main building, no sea view. Also, we were a little surprised that these rooms did not have a bathtub (shower only), and only very basic toiletries, as if the resort were skimping on them. The other types of room seemed much more luxurious with the staff and facilities close at hand, especially the main building, so we felt almost like second-class guests in the same hotel. The villas are close to the beach, and the main building rooms all have sea views.
As for service, we look forward to visiting again when they have some more properly experienced staff. We stayed at year-end peak season, and perhaps it the newness of the property and the sheer number of guests that left many staff seemed harried, overwhelmed, and not being proactive in serving guests. The GM (Mr. Claude) was trying his best to listen to guests’ comments, so hopefully service will improve in the near future.
But in spite of the little complaints above, overall we enjoyed staying at this beautiful hotel, and would come back. Food (breakfast) and the in-house spa was very nice, too.
Tips for guests
- Be aware of the room classes when reserving
- Bring your own hair conditioner, skin lotion etc
- Visit the nearby small islands and go see Railay Beach (spectacular cliffs!)
Tips for management
- Definitely put out more information on types and location of rooms. Helps people manage expectations.
- It'd be nice to have a pool and a common lounge with smiling staff in the cottage area too
- Post an attendant at the gym showers, in the afternoon they are dirty due to many people using them post-checkout
- Poolside, a welcome hello, menu, and free glasses of cold water can go a long way to change guests’ impressions
- Some more shared transportation options, please – daily boat tours to the islands and a shuttle bus to/from Ao Nang in the morning and early afternoon would be nice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stands directly on the scenic Klong Muang Beach. Combining the modern comforts and tranquility of Krabi, the resort offers nature inspired setting together with warm Thai Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Beyond Resort Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beyond Resort Krabi Thailand