After reading the glowing reviews here about this new resort, I almost felt like this couldn't be the same place. We are sadly still here one more night and almost everything at this resort has been extremely disappointing.
First, with the positives:
- Great breakfast buffet.
- Beautiful view and location on the beach.
- Unique and inviting pool.
- Staff are friendly.
- Grounds are pretty.
Now, with the negatives.
- The first room we were given was a cottage room all the way in the back of the resort. The room was extremely dark and depressing, which would not have been such a big deal if there was any warm water. After calling the front desk, they sent four people over to have a look at the water and they claimed it just "took a long time" for the hot water to travel over. After a few more cold showers, they finally moved us to a villa room.
- The second room was much nicer, but there were some sort of termites that had burrowed a hole through the mirror in the bathroom and left sawdust everywhere (and the bugs were on the counter). I pointed this out immediately to the lady who showed me the room, but the bugs weren't cleaned until housekeeping came the next day.
-We paid 2100 Baht for a longtail boat trip to four islands that was supposed to include fruit. There was no fruit and the boat trip only stopped at one island. After complaining to the front desk about being misled regarding this trip, they blamed it on a "typo" in the brochure and offered to discount the trip a whole 10% after we watched them make phone calls and talk about it for an hour. They REFUSED to refund us for the trip that they sold us after the trip was not what they said it would be.
Maybe some of these negative experiences can be chalked up to growing pains because this is a new resort, but you should definitely spend your money elsewhere until this place figures their issues out. Overall this has been an extremely disappointing experience and, given the high price, I was expecting the exact opposite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stands directly on the scenic Klong Muang Beach. Combining the modern comforts and tranquility of Krabi, the resort offers nature inspired setting together with warm Thai Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Beyond Resort Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beyond Resort Krabi Thailand