“Amazing ”

Sa-ing Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Nong Thale
Description: Sa-ing Restaurant and Bar is situated right on the beach of Koh Kwang, Klong Muang. This Idyllic setting gives you white sands, tropical blue sea and some of the best sunsets Thailand has to offer. The Kitchen will serve you the most Amazing Authentic Thai cuisine as well as a large selection of Homemade Western Dishes including 100% Australian Beef Burgers and Stone Baked Italian Pizza. The Bar has a large selection of Ice cold Beers, Fine Red and White Wines and some of the Best Cocktails the Beach has to offer. It really is a must visit Restaurant if you are in the area or prepared to travel. We guarantee you will not be disappointed and look forward to your visit.
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dined here on multiple occasions during our stay in Krabi.

The food is great, particularly the fried whole sea bass.

The food and drinks are reasonably priced and high quality.

The staff are very friendly.

Highly recommend!

Date of visit: April 2018
MuaySerginson, Owner at Sa-ing Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Sawatdii Ka Kun Lilybelle,

Thank you so much for all your visits to Sa-ing Restaurant and Bar and also for taking the time to give us such a kind review, it is really appreciated.
I am so pleased you and your husband enjoyed your experiences with us and thought my food was Great and of High Quality and also reasonably priced. I am glad you enjoyed my Fried Whole Seabass in particular and that you found the staff to be very friendly. Hopefully we will get the pleasure of seeing you again in the future, thank you again from Me and all my Staff at Sa-ing Restaurant and Bar.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We went here 2 nights in a row as the food is good. Great beach-front location. I had the stir fry fish one night and it was great. However, as with all Thai dining, expect food to take at least 40 min to prepare. Often dishes are served 1 at a time. The kitchen is small and family-run. We were a party of 9 so that may cause the slow execution of meal prep. Friendly servers and staff. There are lots of restaurants in a row on this beach. You won't go wrong by selecting Sa-ing.

Date of visit: March 2018
MuaySerginson, Owner at Sa-ing Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Sawatdii Ka Kun Grace,

I am so pleased that you thought my Food was that good that you came back a second night and equally pleased that you thought my Stir Fried Fish was Great as well as enjoying our Great beach front location. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our Friendly Servers and Staff and that you recommend to others that “ you won’t go wrong by selecting Sa-ing “. Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a review even though I must admit I find it a bit strange that seen as you enjoyed everything that much you returned the next evening why you have only given us a 3 bubble average rating, maybe because like you say with all Thai dining it takes time to prepare and because all our dishes are homemade freshly prepared to order it is the same here as well but I am really pleased you enjoyed all your food and both your visits to Sa-ing Restaurant and Bar. Many thanks from Me and all my Staff.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

As for the last comment which utter rubbish, we've been here for 2 weeks & ate at this bar every night , I agree the service can be slow, maybe that's because it's very busy in the evening with people coming here & waiting for a table, my opinion is the food is excellent & reasonably priced & also the staff are very polite & always happy to help & this is a beach bar not a 5* hotel, I would recommend the sa_ing bar to anyone is visiting this area of krabi , jason Lazell and family

Date of visit: April 2018
MuaySerginson, Owner at Sa-ing Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Sawatdii Ka Kun Jason,

It was a real pleasure meeting the 3 of you and thank you so much for all your visits and for taking the time to give us such a kind review. I am so pleased you thought my Food was Excellent and reasonably priced and that you found our staff to be very polite and always happy. Terry says to say hello and thanks you for all the good chats you had while you were here. He says he is hoping to meet you to go fishing when you return next season.
Thanks again and we all really look forward to seeing you again from Me, Terry and all my staff @ Sa-ing Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

What a great find. We've been here twice now and will most probably return again tonight. The service is brilliant, the food delicious and the setting picturesque.

On our first night, there was a huge storm that caused a power outage. But nothing deterred the hard working staff from continuing to serve up their delicious meals under the glow of torches and phone screens. Everyone was extra friendly and went out of their way to make people feel welcome.

On our second visit, again we were greeted warmly and ushered to a nice table inside as there was light rain outside. I actually have a egg, nut and sesame allergy which has caused me to avoid eating Thai food until now for fear of of an allergic reaction. After explaining this to the staff, the kind waitress assured me this wouldn't be a problem as I ordered the pepper and garlic seabass. I can honestly say this was the tastiest meal I've had in a long time - and my first proper Thai food experience ever! So a heartfelt thank you for giving me the opportunity to try something I wouldn't normally be confident to try.

Also full marks for the delicious cocktails and thank you for accepting credit card, as we have struggled to find an ATM nearby that accepts our MasterCard!

We loved everything about this family-run restaurant and will certainly be back for the rest of our stay. It wins hands down compared with the food at the 5-star Nakamanda Hotel where we are staying, and nothing beats the warm reception that everyone receives.

Date of visit: April 2018
MuaySerginson, Owner at Sa-ing Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Sawatdii Ka,

Thank you so much for your really kind review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed all your visits to Sa-ing Restaurant and Bar and that you trusted us to try Thai Food for the first time due to your allergies stopping you before, we can offer this as all our dishes are freshly made to order so even though it slows down cooking times it means we can offer everyone the chance to eat with us, I am even more pleased that you thought my food was Delicious and my Garlic Pepper Seabass was the tastiest meal you have ever had and that you enjoyed our Delicious Cocktails as well. All the staff say thank you very much for your kind comments and it is really nice for me to read that they made you feel welcome, that the service was Brilliant and they were extra friendly and kind.
Hopefully we will see you again when you return next season. Thanks again from Me and all the Girls @ Sa-ing Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We tried last night this restaurant as I read many good reviews. I was totally disappointed and at the end I was not sure if we ll not get sick eating in such an improper place.
First: the food arrived after 1hour and 20 minutes of waiting. My daughter order a pizza but she didn’t like( the crust was too thin and it was not like a pizza thin dough more like a cracker) . I order an ordinary papaya salad and after such a long time of waiting it was so spicy that I couldn’t eat. The waiter was very nice she apologize and she didn’t charge us for it( the only good thing). My point : this place is very dirty , the personnel it is not trained , when they served you their fingers are in the plate, one old lady brought the pizza to my daughter and she had 2 big warts on her finger ... sorry, maybe I m too fussy, but even the prices were not so small. We stayed in The Tubkaak boutique resort and the Tom yum soup , and other main fishers cost same as in this restaurant, and the kitchen and personal in our resort are clean and properly trained. Also the view in Sa-Ing , the whole beach looks so depressed comparing with the Tubkaak resort beach...
The only good point : my daughter and my husband didn’t get sick , and I was not eating anything being shocked by such cooking conditions.

3  Thank Ioana-Lara
MuaySerginson, Owner at Sa-ing Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Wow..... how to respond to such a nasty, untrue review intent on damaging our very good name and reputation.
Well let’s start at the top shall we...... You were not sure if you would get sick eating at such an improper place...... if this was the case why on earth did you order in the first place, as a parent I know for sure if I thought my child might get ill eating somewhere I just wouldn’t take the chance. But as you say at the end of your nasty review that none of you got ill and of course you didn’t because we are not the dirty improper place that you claim we are, I spent 4 years living in the UK and I worked in a very top Restaurant in this time and I have done all my Hygiene courses and have all the certificates to prove it so I run my business and kitchen to the same standard thank you.
Secondly you say you had to wait 1 hour 20 minutes for your food, yes this is probably the only true part of your review but you don’t mention we were extremely busy when you arrived and you were told before you were seated that there is at least a 1 hour wait for food, in which you replied well not that you were happy to wait, because you and Happy in the same sentence would be an injustice to the word happy but that you were prepared to wait, obviously not true again.
Thirdly you mention our Pizza bases, well I will not apologize for them as they are so popular and we have never had a complaint before so seen as yours is the first I take it with a pinch of salt, and on this point your English is obviously good enough to slam us on here but obviously not good enough to read on the pizza menu that our bases are Authentic Homemade Italian thin and CRISPY bases made daily by our Italian Baker and not Crackers......
Next you mention the Old Lady that served your Pizza and having 2 Warts on her finger, well this Old Lady happens to be my Mother and even though she doesn’t work for us when we are so busy she likes to try and help out, again for this I will not apologize and I certainly won’t apologize for her having 2 warts on her finger that she has had all of her life and I don’t see what they have to do with your experience at our Restaurant apart from you trying to be rude again.
And so we continue, yes you ordered a Papaya Salad which is a spicy dish anyway and then asked for it spicy so it was made spicy as per order and then again you come on here claiming it was to spicy to eat and you had to leave it, and as you have pointed out we kindly didn’t charge you because of this. But later in your review you claim you didn’t eat because of such cooking conditions, hmmmm really.
You compare our Rustic little Beach Restaurant and Bar to your 5* plus Boutique Resort where the prices start at 16 000 Baht (£400) per night and their kitchen alone is bigger than our entire Restaurant so I am not surprised you were not happy, but I know for sure their prices are much much higher than our own so again more untrue content. It seems to me like you should visit a more westernized country or Just stay on your 5* plus Resort and pretend to all your friends when you get home that you have seen the real Thailand.
I must thank you for one thing though as all our lovely customers that have arrived since you and have read your review have all said how untrue your review is and what a nasty, stuck up person you must be to write such a review and that they will write the real truth about the place so for this I thank you again, I also thank you for removing the worst photo we have ever had posted on our page it is just a shame you can’t bring yourself to remove your nasty scathing review as well.

Best Regards