“Fantastic Catfish !”
Review of Fred's Fish House

Fred's Fish House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were taken here by friends we were staying with in Missouri, I was a little apprehensive, as this restaurant is over the border into Arkansas.
What a fantastic surprise ! the people here are just so friendly, the food was great and the price was perfect. I chose the Catfish and vegetables, it was just great, so great I took a photo of my plate of food. The fish was really nice, not greasy or oily, just moist with a very nice flavour.
Service by the staff here was really good, I cannot wait to return to see my friends in West Plains Missouri and get them to take me back here for more !

Richard Kaminski
London
England.

2  Thank trigga1526

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The menu is limited but the fried fish was good. Not so much for the fries. Good portion sizes. My husband ordered a couple of hot dogs off the kids' menu for lunch one day. When he asked for pickle relish, they brought him an opened jar from the kitchen and a spoon. (hello, Health Dept???)

1  Thank c21698
Reviewed March 4, 2014

fred's has very, very good fish. tell them to crisp up the fries if you order some, we don't like them otherwise. not a fancy establishment but you WILL enjoy their fish offerings!

1  Thank ddandbjsB
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I really love Fred's, have since I moved here back in '08. I like good catfish but finding it is hard. I don't like when it taste like swamp water and there's never has in all these years. It's always fresh and clean. And not to mention there chocolate pie! It's the best Ive ever had.

2  Thank Cyndyluwalker
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Maybe some of the reviewers hit a bad day, but our food was very good. We ordered catfish, and it was cooked to perfection: crispy, but still flaky and not greasy. The hush puppies were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The slaw was good. The fries were fresh and not real greasy. We enjoyed the entire meal and had nothing to find fault with. The restaurant itself is older, but it was clean. Service was good. Friends recommended the restaurant to us. We would recommend it to our friends. It is located right on main street in Mammoth Springs.

1  Thank mngal15