“Very friendly; comfy room; good breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have stayed in several Holiday Inn Express properties lately and all have been good experiences. We found this property clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the breakfast comparable to other Express hotels. Finding the hotel through streets that go through a shopping area was a little confusing. They should consider some small directional signs at two intersections, if permitted by local ordinance. We were in Malvern for a funeral and several family members stayed here. All had good experiences.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304. it was a bit of a walk from the elevator, but not all that burdensome.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for a long girls weekend away kind of thing with my sister and mother. I booked online for the pricing. It was very clean inside and out. The room was large and so was the bathroom. I have stayed at many different hotels and I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised. We all commented on how much we liked it and we will be booking several rooms here for a week in April. We did not have a problem with noise but I always keep the fan running on the unit so I am sure that helped. The breakfast was better than OK and the lady who took care of it all was very funny. They did place a little to much emphasis on their famous cinnamon rolls that were not all that great, but in all fairness they are competing with my moms. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful with one exception...We did not have house keeping service our room at all during the stay. There were three women staying in one room, it was kept neat and tidy; but we did need fresh towels. However, every time we ask for additional towels we only got ONE. LOL, we finally started asking separately as we needed them. I rated the value as very good simply because it kills me to pay that much per night. Location was rated very good only because it was easy to find yet a little weird trying to get to it the first time. Room Service was rated average due to the towel issue...that really did seem to be an issue with everyone we ask. Everything else was excellent!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kellidtwenty12
Reviewed July 11, 2012

One of my travel pet peeves is a hotel that bills itself as a 100% smoking free facility but then allows its clerks to smoke right outside the entryway, requiring guests to run the gauntlet to check in.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Woodville
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Woodville,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad you found our hotel as clean. I am sorry for the staff smoking by the entrance and for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting your next stay in the area.

Irish V.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I are both Holiday Inn Express rewards members and always stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotels. We've stayed at 4 locations in the last 6 months. This location, however, was the worst so far. I simply can't justify spending more money to stay at a holiday Inn express in the future if we're going to receive local roach-motel service.

There were multiple issues with this location, here are a 5 detailed examples:

1. Yeah, we checked pretty in late in the evening because the hotel isn't listed properly on Google maps, but the woman at the front desk working the night shift was just plain rude.

2. The sheets may or may not have been washed, but regardless, there was dried blood on "particular areas" of the sheets. We pulled them off of the bed completely.

3. Shower didn't drain. Our shower drain was clogged or not working and would not drain. Our lovely shower turned into a human-soup & soap sud bath in no time.

4. Breakfast was definitely more standard complimentary than "Express Start Breakfast Bar". Besides continental items, they only offered nasty (not fluffy) scrambled eggs and Luke-warm sausage at this location. I loaded my plate with biscuits only to find there was no gravy at this hotel... (no bacon, fluffy eggs, gravy, or omelets, as advertised)

5. House keeping knocks on the door to clean 2 hours before our check out time and doesn't speak English. We honestly didn't know if they were there to fix the drain or clean because we couldn't understand them.

Overall = very bad experience and we're very disappointed. It was especially disconcerting considering the fact that this was a newly built hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnExplores
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear JohnExplores,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for your review of our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodations as well as the service you received from our staff and the breakfast you had during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed one night on a trip back from Texas. I have had problems finding a nice place to stay when traveling through Arkansas, but saw this hotel on a previous trip so decided to give it a try. Front desk staff was friendly and check in was quick. Had to ask for the sign in for internet service, but other than that all hotel information was covered. I walked my mother to her room to make sure all was well and found that the room had never been made up. Unmade bed, dirty towels on floor, etc. Called front desk and clerk checked her room list only to find that room was not scheduled to be made up that day. Never heard of that. I thought rooms were cleaned upon check out. My mother was moved to another room on different floor with only a "Gosh, sorry about that". My room was fine. Water in the bathroom was so hot that I had to be careful to turn it down. Could be a real hazard to a child. Plumbing in hotel also made lots of noise during the night to the extent it woke my husband and me up several times. Breakfast attendant was very nice and attentive to all of us and the selection of food was good. All in all an ok stay but I wouldn't necessarily choose this property again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cubfan44
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear cubfan44,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Checked in at 10:30pm and out at 6am. Never even got any ice! Checked in went to bed, got up ate breakfast and checked out.
Everything looked good until you looked close and saw those little details that weren't clean. Bed was one of those plastic coated matresses, felt cheap and like a baby bed.
I too noticed the employees outside smoking when I checked in and out.
Definitely won't be back to this one. I feel duped since I booked on Priceline and they got their $15 back with the missing ice bucket. Will stay closer to Hot Springs next time, they are 20 mins from the action.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear 50JH,

Reference # 27757593

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I checked in and the elevator was rendered not usable, they were replacing the floor covering in it. Had to make three trips to the second floor with luggage. The staff acts like they don't have the answers, I haven't seen the Manager yet & been here 3 days. The Hosts seem more worrried about the smoke break.

Room Tip: Wait to see someone if you need a wake up call or you may have to call a couple of times. Get a room...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear John S,

We noticed your review regarding the Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern, AR. We are the Parent Company for
this hotel known as InterContinental Hotels Group or IHG. We appreciate you bringing your
concern to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have documented your comments under reference number 27694115, and are investigating the
situation. However, before we can continue, we need some additional information. Please send
an email to IHGCare@ihg.com.

Please include:
- The name the reservation was under as well as confirmation number, if possible.
- The amount of your nightly room rate
- Your room number
- The dates of your stay
- Your contact information including your name, phone number, email and mailing address.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing
from you and being of further assistance.

Reference # 27694115

----------------------------------------------
Public Acknowledgement:

Dear John S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern, AR. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Malvern.

Reference # 27694115

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Comfort Inn Malvern
#8 of 45 in Hot Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#12 of 45 in Hot Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern? Share your experiences!