“Roaches and stains oh my”

Comfort Inn Malvern
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Malvern
“Roaches and stains oh my”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Room 311. Ugly stains on one comforter. Very slow draining tub. Wallpaper in shower stapled to wall. One roach climbing down wall near television. Front desk girl was very nice. Location just off highway.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This "Comfort Inn" is a newer place. I can tell by the way it looks and smells on the inside. Anyway, about this place, the service, the room (321) we stayed in, and the breakfast was all great! The only thing I just HAVE TO complain about is the elevator here. Whenever we were in it, and whenever it was going up and down, it was SO LOUD, that we could hear it from our room close by. It was EXTREMELY loud when we went up and down the elevator. If y'all could get a new elevator that isn't as loud as THIS ONE, it would be a PERFECT place. But, until then, I'm going to have to stick with this hotel rating for now.This review may say we traveled in July, 2011, but we stayed here in July, 2009.

Room Tip: If you could, get a room AWAY from that NOISY ELEVATOR! It will get on your nerves all night if you...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cabool, Missouri
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Malvern Comfort Inn on Mar. 16 & 17, in a large 3rd floor room with king bed. The room was spacious with fridge and micro, the bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were not, they were very thin, overall the room was very clean. The compressor on the heat/cool unit stays on all of the time, and that helps get a good nights rest. Breakfast was good with sausage gravy and biscuits, boiled eggs, fresh waffles, pastries, muffins, cereal, various breads, juices, and coffee. The staff was friendly and accommodating when we asked for extra wash cloths, etc. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor seems to have less noise, and they do have an elevator.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank motraveler50
Buda, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Nothing to write home to mom about.. Average.
Room was clean and spacious, bed comfortable (king). Did have a good nights rest, easy to get to off the highway. Room was out of tissues, no real biggy. Breakfast had a variety of hot and cold. Went down for breakfast at 7:00am and was disappointed to find no regular coffee and no one in sight to get some. After a some time the counter person came in from having a smoke and went in the kitchen to finish fixing the coffee and bringing it out. I think someone else mentioned a similar incident. Not the worst hotel we've stayed at by far but not the best by any means either. We payed $84 for non-smoking king. We would stay here again but I might call down to the desk and ask if the coffee's on before schlepping down for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Seventhfire
TX
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I ended up here because of a misunderstanding with the reservation clerk at the Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs, Ark and horrible directions that left me frustrated and exhausted late at night. I passed the Comfort Inn three times while following the Candlewood Suites' clerk's directions, discovered I did not have a reservation with them after all, and immediately turned around and checked into the Comfort Inn in Malvern.

I mainly used this hotel as a resting place for the activities I had planned for a 1 day side trip into Hot Springs, Ark. The hotel was neat and clean, and the staff was very polite and helpful. I had no problems getting on their internet, their breakfast was a cold buffet with hot waffles, and it was very quiet. Of course, Malvern, Arkansas appears to be a very quiet place. I think I saw 4 restaurant options at that exit, tho I did see some more 2 exits W on I30.

Malvern, Arkansas is about 30 minutes S of Hot Springs, Arkansas on Hwy 70. You leave the parking lot, go left, and keep driving straight until you end up in downtown Hot Springs. A nice, easy commute if needed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank cahowell
Knoxville TN
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Malvern was a convenient stopping point and we chose the Comfort Inn out of the AAA guidebook. It was a decent place to spend a night, though a step down in overall quality from the other hotels (Hampton Inn or Holiday Express) that we stayed at on this trip: there was no business center with a internet computer available for guest use, the room was not well designed, and the bathroom in particular was cramped and a bit hard to use. The shower device was notably hard to figure out how to turn on. The breakfast buffet was pretty basic, with relatively few choices. Otherwise it was ok, the room was clean, the personnel were friendly and helpful, and it was conveniently located. It was a short walk to a Chinese restaurant in a nearby strip mall (Great Wall) that served a really delicious dinner buffet that we much enjoyed, and a little further walk to the Walmart.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tnlehrer
sedona, arizona
Reviewed October 4, 2011

After reading the reviews and plannng out the trip, I chose to stay at this hotel instead of heading into Hot Springs for the night. I am so glad we did. We also stay in hotels over 200 nights a year and this hotel is a keeper. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great customer service, Sarah, on nights was my angel, GREAT bed, best night sleep in a long time, Good meal at the Great Wall, just down the hill, friendly, welcoming people who care about their clientelle. It's not the Ritz, but then, I really just want a safe place to park my car, a clean room, a good bed at a reasonable price and to be treated with respect. All of this I got here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank candiss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern
#23 of 45 in Hot Springs
Comfort Suites Hot Springs
Comfort Suites Hot Springs
#4 of 45 in Hot Springs

Been to Comfort Inn Malvern? Share your experiences!