“Good for short visits”

Comfort Inn Malvern
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I ended up here because of a misunderstanding with the reservation clerk at the Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs, Ark and horrible directions that left me frustrated and exhausted late at night. I passed the Comfort Inn three times while following the Candlewood Suites' clerk's directions, discovered I did not have a reservation with them after all, and immediately turned around and checked into the Comfort Inn in Malvern.

I mainly used this hotel as a resting place for the activities I had planned for a 1 day side trip into Hot Springs, Ark. The hotel was neat and clean, and the staff was very polite and helpful. I had no problems getting on their internet, their breakfast was a cold buffet with hot waffles, and it was very quiet. Of course, Malvern, Arkansas appears to be a very quiet place. I think I saw 4 restaurant options at that exit, tho I did see some more 2 exits W on I30.

Malvern, Arkansas is about 30 minutes S of Hot Springs, Arkansas on Hwy 70. You leave the parking lot, go left, and keep driving straight until you end up in downtown Hot Springs. A nice, easy commute if needed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank cahowell

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Malvern was a convenient stopping point and we chose the Comfort Inn out of the AAA guidebook. It was a decent place to spend a night, though a step down in overall quality from the other hotels (Hampton Inn or Holiday Express) that we stayed at on this trip: there was no business center with a internet computer available for guest use, the room was not well designed, and the bathroom in particular was cramped and a bit hard to use. The shower device was notably hard to figure out how to turn on. The breakfast buffet was pretty basic, with relatively few choices. Otherwise it was ok, the room was clean, the personnel were friendly and helpful, and it was conveniently located. It was a short walk to a Chinese restaurant in a nearby strip mall (Great Wall) that served a really delicious dinner buffet that we much enjoyed, and a little further walk to the Walmart.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tnlehrer
Reviewed October 4, 2011

After reading the reviews and plannng out the trip, I chose to stay at this hotel instead of heading into Hot Springs for the night. I am so glad we did. We also stay in hotels over 200 nights a year and this hotel is a keeper. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great customer service, Sarah, on nights was my angel, GREAT bed, best night sleep in a long time, Good meal at the Great Wall, just down the hill, friendly, welcoming people who care about their clientelle. It's not the Ritz, but then, I really just want a safe place to park my car, a clean room, a good bed at a reasonable price and to be treated with respect. All of this I got here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank candiss
Reviewed September 12, 2011

After driving 14 hours, it was nice to arrive at a hotel that was as expected.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I stayed in comfort inn on sept.9. When I lay down on my bed, I went straight to sleep. Front desk woke me up around 12:00pm. I never had best sleep in long time. I wonder wher they get mattress from?

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I stayed in comfort inn sept. 9, stayed one night. As soon as I lay down on bed, I went to sleep. Front desk woke me up around 12:00pm. Wow I never had best sleep in long time. I wonder where they get mattress from.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed here in early June after spending the day at a local theme park in Hot Springs. I purposely went outside of the Hot Springs area because all the name brand hotels were extremely overpriced, and the affordable ones all looked dirty or had bad reviews. This was an excellent decision! 20 minutes outside of the area, the chain motels are HALF the price. This hotel was average as far as cleanliness, could use some renovations...but oh, the beds were heavenly! We all had a great night's sleep! The night desk person was very friendly, but they had the morning desk person overworked between checkouts and trying to keep the morning breakfast area filled (she couldn't). I only have two complaints that really aren't the hotels fault: 1) They had buses of teenage girls staying there, and they kept climbing off the buses that morning while they were preparing to leave - coming back in and grabbing things from the breakfast counter. They were rude, and they should have been kept better watch of by their chaperone! This is not the hotel's fault, but it ticked me off, nonetheless. 2) The hotel allows locals to rent rooms. At breakfast there were two tables full of girls in their pajamas, with no parents in sight! We had been approved for late checkout, so I was hoping to have some time by the pool to read. Unfortunately ALL of these kids came out to swim (at 10 a.m. in the morning), UNSUPERVISED (no surprise). None of these children were over the age of 13, they should have been supervised, and they were screaming and running around the pool. I talked to one of them who said they were from Malvern, and they had been there last night swimming (great)... I was hoping to get 20 minutes of peace before getting back on the road, guess it wasn't meant to be. If they are going to allow the locals to rent rooms and make use of the amenities, they need to make the lazy parents accountable for their children. The hotel is NOT a babysitter, and neither am I! (P.S. I have two kids...11 & 15, I take care of them....I don't leave that job to others). Overall, this hotel has potential to be better; however, it DOES provide an excellent night's sleep and good breakfast in the morning, and that's what I usually want when traveling.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern
#6 of 45 in Hot Springs
Best Western Winners Circle
Best Western Winners Circle
#2 of 45 in Hot Springs

Been to Comfort Inn Malvern? Share your experiences!