“My new favorite place for catfish!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Denton's Trotline Express
Cuisines: American
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“My new favorite place for catfish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The folks that operate the Denton’s Trotline in Benton opened this Express in the former Burger King location around 3/2013, and I like it! I like the slightly salty cornmeal breading on their decent sized pieces of catfish, the crunchy coating on their fries, the menu options for choices of 3 or 5 piece dinners with a choice of sides, the tangy beans with pieces of onion and peppers in the sauce, the “No Drink” or “Good Customer” discounts, and the friendly counter staff. At first I wasn’t sure about the slightly doughy taste of their hushpuppies, as I usually like mine with more pieces of corn and jalapeños, but I have come to love their crispy outer crust and am now a big fan of the hushpuppies, too! Please note that they may be closed on Mondays, and may not take checks.

• Visited May 2013