“A nice break in the monotony of I-30 driving.”
Review of Mel's Dairy Bar

Mel's Dairy Bar
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: American
Houston, Texas
“A nice break in the monotony of I-30 driving.”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I needed a place for lunch after 5 hours of driving and a chain restaurant was just not going to cut it. We found this place through Trip Advisor. My husband and I both ordered the special, regular burger, fries or tots and a large coke for $4.59, cheese is extra. There were 2 picnic tables outside that had seen better days so we ate in our car. The burger size was slightly larger than a McD's regular burger. The burger and tots were really good, not like the best I've ever had in my life but much better than the fast food chains.

1 Thank ljmzta

Bismarck, Arkansas
“A little of yesteryear still cookin'”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Mel's has been a staple in Malvern for years. It is an experience of days gone by. It has seen better days on the outside but the food is why Mel's still lives strong. The cheeseburgers cannot be beat anywhere. Fresh tomato's, lettuce, grill toasted bun and juice in the bottom of the wrapper. Hot Dogs with any topping you want (slaw, relish, chili). Hand made shakes. Thick hand made shakes. Order at the window, they'll tear off the top of the ticket with your number. Be prepared to wait during a rush, this is not a fast food joint. Sit in your car or at a picnic table and enjoy the people watching. When you leave Mel's the only thing you'll want is a drive-in movie.

2 Thank wannabereviewer_8