“One of the worst hotel rooms ever!!!”

Magnuson Hotel Magnolia
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Magnolia
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Horrible hotel. Friendly staff, terrible place. Very old, filthy room in disrepair. Falling ceiling in bath, pee stains on mattress, bugs on bed. Doors don't seal. Horrible smoke smell. Open electric sockets and breakers in room, but the tv is new so I guess they think we can look past the rest.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Cajun32

Reviewed November 17, 2013

the rooms were ok but had no coffee pot, service was friendly but they had the absolute MOST UNCORMFORTABLE beds i have ever slept on, there were dead flies stuck to the wall. And a blood stain on the comforter. the carpets were filthy and stained

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank jenjen8330
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I stay for the weekend every month or so. The staff has been very helpful and genuinely friendly. We have an 85-lb. German Shepherd, and the $10/night for him is reasonable. We're very frugal and really appreciate the value at Magnuson. Refrigerator; microwave, wi-fi, breakfast, great restaurant next door, easy pet policy, reasonably clean and well-furnished--can't beat it. They've just put new flat-screened tv's in all the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was traveling alone and wanted a room close to the office. The man at the front desk made sure I had a room at the front where I felt safe. Room was great. Clean and roomy. Good hot coffee and hot waffles for breakfast. Nice for pets also. Perfect place to walk them in the mornings and evenings. Will be staying there once a month while I am visiting. Best place in town for the money.

Room Tip: Great place. Friendly service
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Good for those traveling with pets. I've stayed here three times. On one occassion we were put in a nasty room, we complained and they moved us to a good room. Otherwise the rooms are well maintained, HVAC works good and is not noisy. Owners are friendly and will work with us. Restaurants next door and across the street (easy walking distance). We'll stay here again when in Magnolia.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Once upon a time there was a nice hotel….then it became this one. This place has seen better days. I stayed here 1 night while trying to attend a family gathering. It looks like a construction site, furniture for sale out front, paint chips and debris in parking lot, the security lock on my door was broken but I was too tired to go back to the desk. I stuck a chair in front of the door and prayed for a safe night. The pool was bone dry, the room was outdated, furniture and carpet were worn and in dire need of an overhaul. The only consolation was the front desk folks were nice and it’s a quiet little part of town close to food and stores. The price was not Right…

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank seasunsounds
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Overall, I thought this hotel was great. It's not a 5-star by any means, but for the price (compared to everywhere else in town) it was perfect. I cant believe the Holiday Inn was wanting over a hundred PER NIGHT... But enough with my rant. I will stay here again when / if I ever make my way back over to Magnolia. Especially since it looked to me like they were changing out new furniture.

Room Tip: We stayed in their suite, (Room 121 I believe), and it was great for only $20 more we got a Jacuzzi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family