“Comfortable and clean”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Magnolia
Dallas, Texas
“Comfortable and clean”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Drove into town for a funeral without reservations. Night clerk very friendly and accommodating. Slept through a huge wind storm so the room, bed, pillows must be very comfortable.
Breakfast good however I wish it had name brand cold cereals rather than the off brand ones.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bettina L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Orange County
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Overall hotel is fine. It is the most decent thing in town for now. There is Hampton Inn being built up the street soon though. The parking was a bit odd, but free. If you are not careful you will drive right past the entrance so keep any eye out once you pass Sonic. Hotel is across the street from grocery, gas, pizza and Taco Bell. The hotel is a stone’s throw from a Walgreens, around the corner from Wal-Mart and right in the center of town off hwy 82. So if you don’t want to stay in an area where there is food and lights on after dark this is it. Keep in mind this is dry county area too so I went to Texarkana for fun. They do not have real accessible rooms, only a handle for you to catch if you FALL. No bench in shower and no chairs are offered to guest with mobility issues. I had people with me who really needed to know this before checking in…

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, bring your stuff with you. Ask for room away from elevator traffic
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
georgia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had reservations at the Holiday Inn Express in Magnolia, AR for September 23rd and September 25th. The stay on the 23rd was Ok except for the extreme amount of cigarette smoke that I could smell from another guest's room (my room was non-smoking).

When I tried to check in on the 25th, I was told that they had given my room to someone else! I showed the desk clerk my confirmation email, but that did not matter. She said that some guests that had stayed on the 24th "had decided to extend their stay".

If you have ever been to Magnolia then you know that the Holiday Inn Express is the only acceptable hotel in town. Yes, there are other hotels/motels there but they are not clean. I've seen them myself. So my only alternative was to drive 30 minutes over to El Dorado and stay in a very nice, newly renovated Hampton Inn.

I've stayed in hotels all over the country. Never have I had my confirmed room given away. My whole extended family visits Magnolia frequently to see my sister and her family. Never again will this happen to me as I won't trust this place again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank davfamo4
gmhiem, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Magnolia/Lake Columbia, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. Unfortunately, our hotel was overbooked and our "walk" policy is to pay for your first night's stay. We will be happy to reimburse the amount of your hotel and the gas expense, having to travel unexpectedly. Please call the hotel and ask for the General Manager. Our local number is 1.870.234.5161. We value you as our guest and hope that we can accommodate your future lodging needs.
Magnolia, Arkansas
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Everything about this property is top notch. Staff is very friendly, rooms are immaculate and the food is wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express a couple of times over the years when visiting family. The staff are always friendly and smile and greet you at any time of the day. Rooms were clean. No problems.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tracy E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Magnolia/Lake Columbia, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The staff works very hard to provide excellent service for our guests and we look forward to your next visit! We truly value the opinions of our Guest and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations concerning our fitness center. Thank you so much for your review and I be sure to pass your comments on to the staff.
Franklin
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This was my first time ever in a Holiday Inn Express. I asked for an upgrade from a double queen to a double queen suite and the clerk promptly provided me with the upgrade. She advised there was a small increase from regular room to suite. She was very kind & courteous.

The lobby was very clean. Our suite was very nice. The 1st floor suite & bathroom was very clean. The room was spacious and comfortable. The furnitue is a little outdated, but still nice. The bed was a pillow top, which proved to be too soft for me. My sister didn't have any complaints about her bed so it is a matter of personal taste.

We didn't have any outside noise interference, the room was quiet and the air conditioner worked incredibly well.

The hotel offers complimentary breakfast but we chose to sleep in past the 9 o'clock deadline.

On the morning of checkout my final bill paperwork was slipped under the door so we were able to leave the keys on the desk without returning to the lobby.

I found the cost to be a little higher than I am accustom to paying with Best Western.

Overall, I do plan to stay at this hotel each time we visit Magnolia and the surrounding areas for business and/or pleasure.

Room Tip: First floor double queen suite is the only reference I have and it was a pleasant room being both cl...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mena Ar
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We are currently staying here for a ball tournament and we are very impressed with this hotel. The rooms are very clean and the staff goes over and beyond to help us.We are enjoying our stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family