“It's All About the Sauce”
Review of Backyard BBQ

Backyard BBQ
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Magnolia
Cuisines: American
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's All About the Sauce”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We brought backyard BBQ home for a large family gathering and it was a huge hit. Ribs were meaty and fall off the bone tender. Brisket was also very tender. Chopped pork had good flavor and not a lot of fat. The sauce- amazing!

Dallas, Texas
“Best barbecue !”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

So excited we arrived in town before closing. The chopped beef sandwich was as good as I remembered. Took pies back to motel and enjoyed the chocolate that night and the coconut at breakfast!

Visited December 2012
El Dorado, Arkansas
“Good Food”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Their food is always good. You can buy and take home to serve your family or party or eat a plate full there.

Visited April 2012
Magnolia, Arkansas
“Great local spot!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you love barbecue, this is the place for you! I am not sure if they are more famous for their barbecue or their pies, but both are delicious. I am a local, but I know of people who drive all the way to Magnolia just to eat at this place.

I personally prefer their beef to the sliced pork, but I know many people prefer the pork. Either way, be prepared for very large portions!

Do not show up on a Monday or you will be disappointed since they are closed!

• Visited November 2012
White Hall, Arkansas, United States
“Good Ole Southern BBQ...And Don't Forget The Pies!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

When you think about a stereotypical Southern hangout with some of the greatest food you've ever put in your mouth, this is the place! I can not begin to explain how wonderful their food is. I am very picky about my BBQ, and I have never been disappointed at this establishment. We have an office in Magnolia and when we visit, Backyard BBQ is the ONLY place we want to eat.

They are in an older building with a dirt parking lot on the side of the building. The inside of the building holds true to it's vintage look. Old wooden booths and tables with padded metal chair; laminated, one-page menus and an ordering counter. As you stand in line to place your order, you have the joy of looking at all of the daily homemade pies in the glassed-in cooler behind the counter. Your kids can look at the Blue Bell ice cream counter while you drool over the pies. After you order, you help yourself to the drinks and grab a seat. The wait staff will bring your food to you. It's not a large restaurant, so there's no chance of you getting lost in the crowd.

The last time I was there, I enjoyed the chopped BBQ beef sandwich, homemade potato salad and coleslaw. Delicious! I'm a huge sweets eater...so I was anxious to dig into my homemade coconut cream pie. The meringue was at least 3 inches high. The pie crust was perfect...flakey and buttery with a hint of salt. I also tried my coworkers pecan, cream cheese pie. It was wonderful. She had a BBQ beef baked potato. It was a large potato with a huge helping of beef, cheese and the works. All of their portions are large. Ladies, you should consider sharing a meal so you can have room for dessert. (Eating here without having dessert would be a huge mistake!)

The service staff are all very nice and the value of your meal is very good when you compare the price to the amount of food you receive. They are a very busy place, so you will sometimes have to refill your own drink at the drink station and you may have to hang out at the order counter for a minute before you can grab someone's attention to get a to-go box. But trust me, you won't mind. At the top of the noon hour, be prepared to stand in line for a few minutes before you get to order. Again, just enjoy the view of the pie cooler to pass the time.

If you are just traveling through Arkansas, take a moment to get off the "beaten path" in order to enjoy this little diamond in the rough. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012