“My mom begs to stay here...and not with us!”

The Loft on the Square Guest Suites
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

My mom comes to town and we have room at our home, but she loves The Loft! She has also brought my grandmother to stay here and they think it is heaven. The beds are amazing and it is very quiet for being downtown. The entire atmosphere here is chic and upscale. We are so blessed to have this place in Magnolia!

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I normally stick with Holiday Inn Express for a dependable, reasonable night's stay, with no ugly surprises. But when I found out the Magnolia HI was so unreasonably priced I checked out the Loft on the Square. Finding the reviews so positive I decided to give it a chance. I generally find bed & breakfast situations to be full of irritating aspects. This had NONE. The code they gave me in advance had no glitches. The upstairs had lots of space, was very stylishly redone, and had all the amenities of any nice hotel. Not only was the stay totally pleasant, but it was sort of inspiring to see someone know what to do with a building. Apparently, the owners also operate the shop below, which is very appealing in itself, but they had the good taste and know-how to take the second floor and turn it into a wonderful place to hang out. The whole experience is a lesson in what can be done with all these downtown buildings throughout our country. These owners deserve an award of some sort.

Room Tip: There are four rooms in the Loft. Only two of them have their own bath. One has one bed; the other...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We were on a road trip and couldn't check into the hotel until about 6pm. We called ahead of time and they had us a pick a four digit number as a passcode to get in the door. When we got there, we put our number in the door downstairs, and went up into the hotel. No one was there- no guests, no staff. There was an envelope on our door with our name, receipt printout, and the key to the room. We had a great night's rest- the rooms are cozy and clean. Then in the morning there was still no one there. There was cereal and fruit in the kitchen for us, and we just packed up, left the key, and left. I'm not complaining, there wasn't really a problem. It was just odd that we stayed a whole night and never saw a single person. But it's really cheap and I felt comfortable and safe, so I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Make sure you call and talk to them, and if you'll be checking in when no one is there, get a co...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed December 5, 2011

The loft only has three rooms but they are very chic and the bed was comfortable. The common room is cozy and there are a lot of paintings on the walls to admire (or not).. The lady in the shop who welcomed us was very nice and recommended a couple of restaurants. I liked having our own code to get into the building.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Frenchtoile
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We booked two rooms at The Loft as overflow for a family holiday visit to Magnolia and we were not disappointed! The Loft was perfect for the two families staying there....very nice furnishings, nice amenities and the coomon area was an added benefit. Staff was very accomodating.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank nhm4hm
loftmagnolia, Owner at The Loft on the Square Guest Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thanks so much for your review and your reservation. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you with your next visit to Magnolia. Sincerely, Angela Lester

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We have stayed several times at the Loft on the Square over the last 3 years and have never been disapointed. The beds are first class! The rooms are all very, very comfortable and tastefully decorated. The common area is a great place to relax and visit with family and friends. I think you will find that The Loft surpasses several of the top of the line boutique hotels that you have stayed at in the past.
~S.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank StephM68
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was assigned an out-of-town, long-term project with my work. I had never visited the town of Magnolia, Arkansas and so I just googled "bed-and-breakfast" and The Loft was the first one on the list.
From the first conversation with the owner and staff, until my checkout date (which was 2 months later!), I was very impressed and well taken care of!
Price: Fair and competitive. You get so much more for your money!
Accommodations: All I needed and more!
Cleanliness: Staff was willing to clean my room on a daily basis, or whenever I felt the room needed going over. Always fresh, clean linens available 24/7!
Comfort: Most comfortable bed I have ever slept on and the sheets were very high-quality, egyptian cotton. Very luxurious!
Decor: This was my favorite- They decorate their rooms with art done by local artists! The rooms are a very modern take on the old B&B tradition. Lots of character!

Room Tip: I prefer the large "middle room" with 2 queen size beds.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business