“Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of North Pole

North Pole
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

No problems booking. Had a choice of sittings which gives you up to two hours to eat.
Starter choice quite limited but as none of us had a starter I can't comment on the quality.
Sunday is carvery day. Beef, pork or turkey (it is running up to Christmas) with veg. All very tasty and plenty on the plate. Good selection of vegetables which were refreshed regularly.
Would recommend.

• Visited December 2013

Rochester, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was brought up in East Malling and always remember the North Pole as a bit of an uninspiring pub......how that has changed. Although I no longer live in East Malling, I'd been in a couple of times for a pint whilst out walking with my daughters dog and was impressed with its beers, service, and the food on offer looked pretty good to.
Yesterday was my birthday and my wife and I thought that we would give the lunchtime menu there a try. I can thoroughly recommend the food there and the service from Zoe was wonderful. Her husband does all of the cooking and her enthusiasm for his expertise is plain to see. There is a comprehensive set menu and daily specials. I had a special consisting of Sea Bass with toasted goats cheese, sundried tomato salad, and of course chips!
I have to say that it was absolutely wonderful and the dessert of bread & butter pudding with Baileys ice cream was to die for.
I am not a "serial reviewer" on Tripadvisor, and I only post comments if I am truly impressed. So if you are looking for a new pub to try for its food, look no further. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank adeballard
Kent, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent meals and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We went to celebrate my daughters 23rd Birthday, table of six. All our meals were excellent. Brilliant, knowledgeable, confident service, we made very welcome. Would recommend highly.

Isle of Sheppey, United Kingdom
“Good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very good carvery, really good quality food, good portions, excellent staff, would recommend highly, will be going back for sure, well done!

Kent
“So Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have had lunch here several times and have never been disappointed. We select from the restaurant menu, but there are daily specials. Our meals have always been of the highest standard and almost more than we can eat.. Having eaten on several different days of the week we have experienced different staff and they have all been very welcoming and friendly, helpful, polite, attentive (but not too much), and efficient and professional. Recently we were joined by a dozen friends for a Saturday evening get-together. To assist with the smooth running of the evening, with so many of us, we booked well in advance and also made our menu and wine choices the week before. On arrival the large table was beautifully laid out. Having never eaten in the restaurant before almost all of us made comment on how tasteful and modern the decor is. The meals were just as high a standard that we had previously experienced. The waiting staff could not do enough for our party throughout the meal. Never seen anything like it before - one of our party ordered the cheeseboard instead of a sweet - and this has to be seen to be believed! I have to say, unlike a lot of places which serve the cheese too colid and too solid,, the cheeses were in perfect :eating: condition To finish, the coffee is goooood - and we are particular about our coffee! I think we could well become regulars.
On reflection, I would highly recommend this pub to eat at lunch time or evening. I believe you will not be disappointed.t

tjfclily