“Well worth a visit”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have visited twice in the past couple of weeks and the food has been excellent on both occasions. I had the steak and ale pie and it is the best I have ever had. My wife had cheese pie and others in the group has fish and chips. Everyone enjoyed their meals and said they would definitely visit again. If I was to be a little picky it would be about he service which doesn't do the food justice. Food on a par with somewhere like the three fishes but need to work harder to match it for service.

Bolton
“night out with the girls”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Awful service one of us had the misfortune to spill a glass of wine not only were the bar staff very reluctant attend to the spill they also were reluctant to give us a cloth or paper towel to deal with this ourselves. \the food when it arrived was OK but again the service was lacking. The Chetham seems to have a problem in deciding if it is a pub or a restaurant so it was very noisy, also the decor is very dark and oppressive, not a fan.

Visited May 2012
“Not very good.”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I decided to have a quick lunch, then walk our dogs round the "turton tower".we got a drink and sat at a table we noticed it very quiet, we both ordered chicken and bacon on ciabatta with thick cut chips and French fries, 51 mins later sandwiches arrived no chips or asked if we needed sauces etc, so after 5 mins we asked for our chips, they said they were coming, they had obviously not been cooked, another 4 mins then the hand cooked chips arrived but no French fries only a stinking stroppy attitude, 3 mins later ordinary chips, which the polish waitress tried to tell me where French fries, no apology or asked if we wanted sauces. Will never darken the door again.

Bolton
“Truly outstanding!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

With a dearth of good restaurants I was looking for somewhere to take our father in law for celebratory meal and found the Chetham on search engine and thought we'd give it a go. I am so glad we did. Set in the lovely village of Chapeltown in a picturesque area, the pub/restaurant is unassuming from the outside. However, once inside one is met by a cosy pub area with a well stocked bar. One can eat in the pub area but we chose to eat in the restaurant which is set at the back. Roomy with plenty of space between the tables, one can sit in chesterfields by an open fire to choose your meal before being shown to the table. The menu is not over long and serves both the pub and the restaurant, but there is ample choice for most tastes. For extra value there is the "market menu" which gives 3 courses for £12.95. All food is locally sourced and the meals are impeccably presented and served by friendly and efficient staff. With a good wine list and a good choice of real ales this place is hard to beat. Since our first visit 6 weeks ago, we have been back twice already.

• Visited May 2012
manchester
“OUTSTANDING !”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The place has had a really good refit, such a nice place to be and perfectly balanced, smart decor but relaxed venue. The staff were welcoming and friendly and the bar had a good selection of cask beers and quality wine. The main reason I went was for the food, i wasn't disappointed. The chef, Ben, is a fantastic asset to the place, choice ingredients cooked to absolute perfection. His talent shines through in the menu, the taste combinations and the execution of the dishes. The food is on par with some of the finer venues in the region and its on my doorstep, I am already looking forward to my return. I hope the venue suceeds and the food gets the recognition it deserves. As i said, "OUTSTANDING." Thanks very much.

• Visited May 2012