“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Ashcott

The Ashcott
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ashcott
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A unique dining experience in the village of Ashcott in Somerset. Set on the main road of the A39 with ample parking lies The Ashcott. Food is served in the comfortable surroundings of the restaurant or in the lush gardens surrounding (weather prevailing!) We pride ourselves on using fresh and local produce where possible with daily lunch and evening specials being produced to accompany our delicious core menu.
england
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Driving by, my husband and i were getting hungry and decided to have some lunch. The place looks more like an elegant restaurant than a pub. we were not disappointed, the food portions were huge , all nicely presented and very fresh, will definitely visit again.

• Visited April 2014

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I come across this restaurant by accident having been disappointed with other places as we travelled home.
We were greeted warmly by all members of staff and were served promptly with fabulous food presented with great skill by the waitresses.
It was with some surprise that The Retreat is supporting our troupes and I sincerely hope that anyone reading this review will visit and support this great idea

Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent meals & atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband & I went to The Retreat at Ashcott for the 1st time & what a really nice place. Very homely feel, a warm welcome by all the staff & to top it all very nice food, with good prices.
Will recommend this to anyone & it is helping our injured service men & women. So a great place to have a meal & helping others whilst doing one of my favourite things, eating. Can't thank all the staff enough. Well done & will definitely return.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Quality, Fresh, Hot food and top service. Relaxing and welcoming after a long journey. Well worth a detour. Thank you.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is an establishment that takes pride in the service given. It has been a long time (if ever) since we have eaten out without having to pick out bits of the meal that we would rather not eat. I had Cauliflower Cheese dish that came with mixed Salad and Garlic bread. The dish was hot and perfectly cooked with a lovely fresh, crisp salad. My Husband had Liver and Bacon and which he enjoyed just as much. The portion sizes were just right. I had a coffee after my meal and this cost us less than £20

WELCOME - AMBIANCE - QUALITY What more can you ask for ? We will visit again.

glastonbury
“Sunday lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Having eaten here before and the meals always having been good, we were tempted into eating when really only intending to stop for a lunchtime drink! as always the food was very good and our plates were cleared. The nut roast was a tasty vegetarian option for me. We enjoyed both our desserts too of lemon tarte and a berry crumble.
We were full and content! It was lovely and warm in the bar and restaurant too being a cold blustery and wet day, always a plus to me as I feel cold easily. Our only criticism is that it wasn't very busy at the time we were there but we had to wait a little over long before being asked for our dessert order.

• Visited January 2014