“Lovely Christmas work meal”
Review of The Copper Horse

The Copper Horse
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Seamer
Cuisines: British, Pub, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Copper Horse is proud of its reputation of being one of the best places to eat. Our creative Evening menu features a variety of Traditional and Modern English Classic dishes together with Seasonal Daily Specials, and we offer Lite Bites for Lunch, Children's and Gluten Free menus, all packed with local and regional produce that showcases the best of Yorkshire food. Traditional Sunday Lunch with a choice of Roasted Meats with all the trimmings are served every week.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely Christmas work meal”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went on a work night out for Christmas. We were very impressed with the food and the service. Staff we're very friendly and polite and the food was fantastic and very good value.

We will be back!

Visited December 2013
Robert L, Manager at The Copper Horse, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your Christmas meal, we are pleased your latest visit to our restaurant was enjoyed by you and all your work colleagues!

Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Good and bad!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have been going to this pub/restaurant for many years now and you are guaranteed a very good meal. I have noticed that the prices have crept up and for the area it is getting quite pricey but the quality of the food is good. So you get what you pay for which is fine. The main problem with our visit were the house White Wines which appeared to be of a poorer quality in taste and character than normal but at a top price. Hopefully this was a one off but at the price charged it certainly left an unpleasant taste and that was not just the wine. Another problem was we booked the table to be not in a certain area (the raised dining room) but because the pub was so busy we were put in that area - we had already waited 30 minutes for a table and did not want wait any longer so took it. I would go back and I would recommend the pub so please take this review in the spirit it is meant - constructive criticism.

• Visited January 2014
Robert L, Manager at The Copper Horse, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments of your last visit to The Copper Horse, we take all comments seriously and endeavour to use them to help improve as a business.

In this case I am sorry that a couple of issues left you feeling that this visit did not live up to previous ones, we always try to make sure guests are seated in the area that they desire and I am sorry that this did not happen on this occasion.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the selection of wine on offer, and I am in the process of re-designing our wine list, which will hopefully lead to improved value for money wine at the same price point that we are now.

Once again thank you for raising all these points, and hopefully on your next visit we can meet all your needs.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Posh pub”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very nice, welcoming pub just a couple of miles from the sea front. You'll know you're in the right place when you see all the theatre posters on the walls, all collected from local theatres - even the loos have a collection of Radio & TV Times covers to read.

Food was excellent - fish pie had the right balance between fish, sauce and potato and the steak pie looked fantastic. Gluten free menu as well. Goods choice of real ales with the Yorkshire Pale particularly good.

Service slick but not pushy. Prices were sensible.

Place was pretty busy on a mid week evening in February so I guess booking is a must.

• Visited February 2014
Robert L, Manager at The Copper Horse, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for writing such a positive review of The Copper Horse, I am glad you took time to notice the décor as this is something close to the owners heart, been heavily involved in the showbiz industry.

We strive hard to offer the best value for money food using local high quality ingredients for dishes such as the Fish Pie.

We use a brewery that is only a 20 minute drive from Seamer as we are passionate about using suppliers who are on our doorstep, and having personally been to try the beers they offer and seen how they produce it I am not surprised that people are enjoying the results!

Once again thank you for posting your comments & we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Bingley
“A Fantastic Find”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I googled this particular place because they do a gluten/wheat free menu. When my friend and I arrived we were both overwhelmed with the lovely cosy friendly atmosphere in the place. It was so warm and inviting. We were offered drinks and shown to our table which was already set out and included a jug of nice cold water to go with the meal.

I told them I wanted the gluten/wheat free menu and was immediately given a full menu for me to choose from. I was very impressed with the choice. They also have a gluten free beer! I didn't try this as I was driving but was very impressed that it was available. I had the salmon and my friend had the special fish pie. All the food was absolutely gorgeous.

The place itself is fascinating with lots of theatre memorabilia all around. The staff were all lovely. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Both my friend and myself had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

I just wish it was nearer to home as I would be visiting on a very regular basis

Visited February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our restaurant, we are glad you were impressed with not only the service, but the offering of a gluten free menu for you to order from it is something we have been doing for quite a while as I believe it is important to try our best to cater for all our customer needs and that includes those with dietary needs as well.

Hopefully next time you come you will be able to try the Gluten Free Beer we offer as I can assure you it is very good!!
Yorkshire
“Lovely food”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We were sat by the bar/door there was quite a draft.

I wasn't keen on the specials starter prawns & salmon.it was boring with no sauce or favour. The prawns seemed frozen & very small . I think this was over priced. But the rest of the meal was fab!

• Visited January 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your meal with us at The Copper Horse, I am pleased you enjoyed the majority of your meal with us!

I am sorry you found the bar area slightly drafty, on your next visit if you mention when booking I am sure the team will do there best to sit you away from any doors as we pride ourselves on customer service.