“Great stop on the costal path, excellent home bakes.”

West Wemyss Walk Inn
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great stop on the costal path, excellent home bakes.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stopped here last week after walking along from Dysart. We had planned to get a takeaway coffee but it was so warm and cosy, with excellent baking that we stayed. Staff were so helpful they found out the bus time so we could return to Dysart before dark. We returned this week before doing West Wemyss to East Wemyss and back, also a nice walk. Had lunch this time - spicy parsnip soup and a tuna melt panini. Both were very tasty, nicely presented. Children's sandwich was fine and all very reasonably priced.

I would recommend anyone doing this bit of the costal path should plan a stop here. It took us about 45 minutes from Dysart, and slightly less from West to East Wemyss. In the summer I would try going right on to Buckhaven.

As well as the cafe they do a bistro upstairs with evening meals Thursday to Sunday and a brunch at the weekend so I'm definitely going to try that. It's run by the community so nice to support that, but mostly I'll be back for the cakes.

• Visited December 2012

dunfermline,scotland
“A Great Value Lunch”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Although not close to home we visited the Walk Inn for lunch (been there before for coffee).
We all had the 'Senior' fish 'n' chip lunch and it was excellent - great quality and value.We have since spoken with friends and will be taking them for a treat very soon.
Lovely place,friendly staff and wonderful value.

• Visited November 2012
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Singles not welcome”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had heard great things about this restaurant and stopped in for lunch. I was on my own and nobody greeted me when I went in so I sat down at a table and read the menu. Despite there being two or three staff working behind the counter and bringing food to other customers, I was ignored. After more than 10 minutes I got up and left. Nobody acknowledged me.

• Visited March 2012
WemyssWalkInn, Owner at West Wemyss Walk Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
On behalf of the Walk Inn I would like to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your visit. This should not have been the case and I will make no excuses as I am aware that there have been some issues with quality and service previously. There have been changes to management, organisation and operation of the Walk Inn from the start of August and I am pleased be able to say that the feedback since then has been overwhelmingly positive. We are working hard to provide a consistently good service and excellent produce in a friendly and welcoming environment. All our baking is homemade and all food is cooked to order from fresh ingredients and I am confident that you will have a very different experience and I would be grateful to offer you a free meal in order to let you experience firsthand the changes we have made.
Yours sincerely,
Mikko
Chair – West Wemyss Community Trust
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Sustenance on Fife's Coastal Path”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Excellent home cooked/baked - warm welcome. Exceptional value for money. Have sampled Sunday breakfast;weekday lunch and high tea - all consistently high standard.

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Must have been a bad night !!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Having had lunch my wife suggested that we try dinner with a couple of friends. When we arrived to be seated I was surprised to find a 50inch plasma tv switched on along with three of the locals obviously enjoying a few pints. They were later joined by another couple neither of whom ordered food. We had assumed that the Bistro was primarily for dining. A lady diner at the back of us ate her meal whilst reading the daily newspaper,strange! The menu presented to us did not resemble the menu on the website and in the local newspaper.We ordered wine and were given a choice of one white, one rose or one Spanish red(obviously a very small wine cellar) We were advised that there was no smoked haddock pie which left a choice of fish and chips, curry or a pork loin. We ordered our starters and then we were advised that the pork terrine was off but the chef was checking to see how many portions of chicken liver pate he had. We declined and I was the only one to have a starter of a bean soup which when it arrived was so piping hot I could not taste it. When the main orders arrived the fish and chips were good but the pork with black pudding mash was served luke warm with no vegetables. We had cranachan which left a lot to be desired on presentation. Normally I would have complained but as this is a community run project they need all the help they can to make it work. I noticed on the website that the chef is a lady however on the night it appeared that the chef was a young man so could this have been the reason for the organised chaos. It was obvious that there were problems as our waiter apologised and offered us free coffees which we declined as we decided to cut our losses and drive home. Having made a twenty mile round trip we were left feeling disappointed the way our evening panned out.

• Visited July 2012