Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area
  • Free Internet
Rogers Inn(Rogers)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolwafflescontinental breakfast iscomfortable place to staynice staystaff was very friendly and helpfulcrystal bridgesone night stayconvenient locationbed was comfortableenjoyed our stayfront desk staffmotelcerealinterstaterazorbackamp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was available at the last minute on a Razorback game night for an affordable rate. However, when we checked in, we found that we had been assigned to a smoking room. This hotel has seven smoking rooms out of approximately 50 total. This is in violation of the law. The Arkansas Indoor Clean Air Act only allows smoking rooms in hotels with 25 rooms or less where 20% or more are dedicated as smoking. The room we were assigned had a very strong smoking odor. Terri, the night clerk, was very friendly and apologetic. She even brought air freshener to our room. But that does not make up for the hotel's violation of the law.

Aside from being stuck in an ashtray overnight (the odor stuck to our luggage and we got to smell it all the way home), it wasn't a bad establishment for the price we paid. The staff members we encountered Saturday night and Sunday morning were very friendly. The hotel also offered waffles, biscuits, gravy and fresh fruit for breakfast, which was unexpected for a Super 8. Other amenities included free wi-fi (which connected to the network but not the Internet during our stay) as well as a workout room and indoor pool (neither of which we used).

Room Tip: Unless you're a smoker, make sure you specify a non-smoking room. On nights with heavy occupancy (like Razorback game weekends), you may be assigned a smoking room in violation of the law.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Edgar P, Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

If, I remember correctly, you booked your stay through a third party on the internet. It has been my experience that they have little compunction in booking a smoking room for a requested non smoking room when it is all the hotel has left. They do not have to face a disappointed, irate customer across the front desk. Iam sure you understand it is difficult to come back from such an experience. We spent a great deal of time with the check in trying to resolve the situation even though the mistake was not ours.

We are required to provide a number of smoking rooms for our guests and try to stratigically place them so as to be least offensive to nonsmokers. We are in no violation of the law.

We appreciate all reviews, even the negative because we sometimes need to make adjustments to procedure and to examine policies and your feedback is always vital.

We hope that your initial stay will not keep you away in the future and you might afford us another chance to serve your lodging needs in the future.

We apologize for any inconvience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

First of all we stayed here quite frankly because it was Family Weekend at the U of A and our usual hotel in Fayetteville jacked up their prices so high it was not worth it. All in all, 20 minutes from campus for the price we paid in Lowell was definitely worth it. However, given the distance and the quality of the hotel if prices were the same we would definitely go back to Fayetteville. The hotel location was right off the highway and very close to the Rogers Wal-Mart and Starbucks and a good ole Taco Bell, which was all we needed nearby for this trip.

The clerks at this Super 8 could use some basic customer service training. While they were friendly, I did have to wait on three separate occasions for the desk clerk to get off her long phone calls, one of which was with her supervisor about how to use the computer. They could use either another desk clerk on staff or some tips on serving the customers standing in front of you (a simple "Be right with you" would also have helped). We were told by one clerk that they would not charge for a rollaway, but in the end they did charge because "she should never have told you that."

They have your basic amenities: indoor pool, free continental breakfast, interior rooms. The internet service for the computer in the lobby did not work at all while we were there. The room itself was clean and everything worked well (shower, a/c, etc.). There was a dent in the wall behind the door where the doorknob obviously hits repeatedly and a tear in the bedspread that we discovered when we removed the strange strip of fabric that seems to be on the bottom of all hotel beds but serves no actual purpose.

Housekeeping gets no props from us though. We did have our "do not disturb" sign on until we left at noon for the day on Saturday but I made sure we took it off so we'd get new towels. When we returned after the football game at around 11:30 p.m. housekeeping had not cleaned our room. Before checking out on Sunday, we made one final walkthrough to make sure we had packed all of our belongings and my husband found a pair of dirty socks under the bed that did not belong to us! Glad we found that as we were leaving!

All of that said, for the price I THOUGHT I paid, it was very sub-par. However, for some reason the room ended up being $20 less per night than I thought it would be so I didn't argue about the rollaway...and at that price the whole experience was pretty darn good! If you just need a place to stay and don't plan to spend a lot of awake time in hotel this certainly gets the job done.

Room Tip: Park in the back if you stay here, but don't forget your room key if you have to run out to the car.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The best part of my stay was J.C., the desk clerk. She was friendly, informative and helpful. She's quite an asset for the motel! The motel was okay although the bed was lumpy, the pillows flat and the toilet paper and kleenex the roughest I've ever used!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Edgar P, General Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

We were really surprised by your comments regarding the quality of our mattresses and pillows, most often we are complimented on the superiority of our furnishings, pilllows and duvets. We have even had customers question who our supplier is and ask to buy them. We were also unaware that we had a problem with our paper goods and will check with our vendor about a solution. We always appreciate feedback about ways to improve and ensure our guests comfort.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Needed a room to stay in with close proximity to XNA for an early morning flight the next morning. I had booked this room with a little apprehension because the price was so cheap. I had not stayed in a Super 8 hotel in many years as my experience in the past with such hotels had not been pleasant. Whe my husband and I drove into the parking lot I was already sorry that I had booked this place as it looked tattered and worn from the outside. Considering it was past cancellation time, I proceeded to the check-in counter and found the receptionist busy with someone looking to book for a group. This person took about 20 minutes to get all of her questions answered, of course this has nothing to do with the hotel, except there was no one else to help. Finally our turn and our reservation could not be found in the computer even with our booking code. We requested that if rooms were available perhaps she should just start over as if this were someone checking in with no reservations. As soon as my name was entered into the computer it found The reservation. This was good news as 30 minutes had already lapsed since getting to the check-in counter. Then we re asked how many keys and responded that we would need two keys. As if this were a comedy show, she could not get the key to code. Finally after getting the one key coded we requested she not try another. Once we had gone through all of this I expected to get a dingy uncomfortable room..but to my absolute joyful surprise we walked into a large, clean and comfortable room with a large, very clean bathroom. We found the bed to be comfortable enough, wifi excellent and the shower to be good. The room was quiet. For the price, and even with all of the hassle of checking in, we found thismto be a great value. Like all budget chains, I suppose, don't expect any amenities except the bare basics, but if a quickmone night stay is all that is needed, this hotel would be a great choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Edgar P, Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel and providing feedback as to how we can improve our customer service. It would seem that maybe a litle front desk training is in order.
As you know, our industry depends on return guests and we hope that you will not let your initial experience with our staff keep you away if you happen to travel in our direction again.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is one of the nicest super 8's I have stayed in. The front front desk staff (Lisa) so pleasant and friendly. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. Great hotel. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Edgar P, Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for your more than positive response to our motel. We are constantly on the alert to meet our customer' needs and this type of feedback is just what my staff needs to encourage future efforts. Thank you once again, Ed.