“Met our needs...barely”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lonoke
Mascoutah
“Met our needs...barely”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My dad passed away and we reserved this hotel to accommodate the additional family members. I reserved 2 non-smoking queen rooms for 3 nights. The rooms reeked of smoke and mildew. I also don't believe these were queen beds but rather doubles. As we walked in the room it felt swampy. We were emotionally exhausted and hoped it was a temporary condition. The towels stayed damp, the sheets had stains and the tv in one room kept cutting out and full of static. One channel you couldn't hear sound and if you switched channels then it was blaring. We stayed out of the hotel and only returned to collapse into bed. We were too drained to move rooms. We will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Carla D
Leota S, Manager at Days Inn Lonoke, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am very sorry that your stay was not what you expected. We gladly would have swapped your rooms and also given you a further discount on your stay. We pride ourselves on having clean rooms for our guests and a good hot breakfast to start their day. We have maintenance that could have checked to see if there was a problem with the air conditioner that may have been causing a dampness in the room. We appreciate your staying with us and hope that you have a good day. Thank you,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Murphysboro
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Came back to this Hotel after 5 years because I remembered nice room, nice pool and friendly staff. The rooms and pool are still great but I can't say the same about the front desk staff. When I arrived I was informed that they no longer honor AARP. I showed them my reservation, but she still said that they don't honor it even though I made it through Days Inn. . I was emailed and asked to change my room from a double to a king, that was no poblem, but then they tried to put me in a handicapped room where I couldn't even see my car, plus it was on the street side across from McDonalds. When I arrived home I noticed the charged me 6 days at a higher rate, I am still waiting to hear back on that. I was moved to another room to my liking but received a attitude from the front desk girl, the other girl on duty at that time was very nice and the Manager was very friendly and helpful.I needed the pool everyday to excercise my legs and she would do her best to open it for me as soon as possible. I choose this hotel for 14 days because I like it here, but please lose the attitude. Also the Maintence man, Oscar I believe and the Housekeeping staff were terrific

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Leota S, Manager at Days Inn Lonoke, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I want to thank you so much for choosing to stay here again and I apologize if you felt one of our desk clerks was less than friendly. I will talk to them. I appreciate you helping us out with the switch on rooms. We actually gave you corporate rate for a double instead of a king, since you had helped us out. That was where the error came in with the higher charge on the last part of your stay. Did not notice is was lower than the rate code. I did get that corrected the same day you left but with the weekend coming up, it may have slowed down the correction process. I will check back with you Tuesday to see if it has dropped off yet. We do accept AARP but the girl that checked you in is still in training but I will make sure she knows. They do like us to see a copy of the AARP card or AAA card whichever applies at the time. Your discount was better than the AARP discount which is 10%. You were charged 62.99 + tax and the AARP discount rate for a double room which is less than the King is 67.49 + tax. We were very glad you stayed with us while you were recuperating from your knee surgery. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again for your business. Have a nice day.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was traveling by myself from Chicago back to San Antonio and after 11 hours of driving I was ready to stop for the night . My parents told me several times before I left on my trip to make sure that when I stop for the night to make sure it was a safe place. Even at the age of 32 my parents are very protective but I was also aware I wanted a safe place to stay for the night by myself. I found this Days Inn after checking prices at the 2 surrounding hotels this one was the cheaper rate. I took it and I was very satisfied with the rooms it was very spacious and clean. I felt very secure with my surroundings and was happy with my stay at this Days Inn. I live in San Antonio and often travel back home to Chicago. I will make this my 1/2 way point on my future trips back home. The service is what you should expect! Thank You for your hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Leota S, Manager at Days Inn Lonoke, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
i am so glad you chose our hotel as your halfway stop. I'm glad that we met your expectations and that you felt safe. Thank you for taking the time to put in such a wonderful review of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Thank you again for staying with us and have a wonderful day.
Lancaster, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Room was clean overall; the corners weren't perfect (which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars), but the main areas were nice. The pool was enjoyable, and the beds were comfortable. I almost didn't stay here because of a few bad reviews, but I'm glad I did. I will definitely stay here in the future if I am back in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Leota S, Manager at Days Inn Lonoke, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I am very glad you chose Days Inn and had a pleasant experience. Thank you for all the kind comments you gave on your review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and strive to make every guest's stay enjoyable. Hope to see you aqain in the future. Thanks again,
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Only problems we had with the room was some flies and mosquitoes beat us there. Was able to tag them all after an hour or so. Also, the refrigerator probably run at about 50*. Staff friendly and helpful. Liked having 4-5 pillows on each bed without asking.

• Stayed July 2013
Leota S, Manager at Days Inn Lonoke, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
So glad you stayed at the Days Inn. We appreciate all the good comments you gave us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We want all of our guests to have a pleasant stay. Sorry about the Mosquitos. Maybe you can visit us again in the Fall when the Mosquitos are gone and the trees are changing to beautiful Fall colors. Thanks again for your business.
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were passing through and spent the night. The desk clerk was very helpful, it was the cheapest place in the area (-1). The room was clean, beds were comfy, internet was easy to access and was an overall good experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leota S, Manager at Days Inn Lonoke, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We are so glad you chose our hotel when you passed through Arkansas. We appreciate you taking the time to put in a review of our hotel and all the nice comments. We hope you will remember us the next time you travel through and that you will recommend us to your friends and family. Thank you again for your business,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lonoke
Hampton Inn & Suites Lonoke
Holiday Inn Express Lonoke
Days Inn Carlisle
Days Inn Carlisle
#1 of 1 in Carlisle
Comfort Inn & Suites Presidential
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suit...
#3 of 27 in North Little Rock
Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suites
Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suit...
#6 of 27 in North Little Rock

Been to Days Inn Lonoke? Share your experiences!