“Poor guided float trip”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakeview
Gaston's White River Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lakeview
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Arrived at Gaston office at the appointed time. Assigned guide was still home in bed. Guide arrived, clad only in shorts and shoes, and escorted us to boat which was littered with debris, i.e., bait, snack trash, bits of line, sinkers, etc..Guide spent considerable time telling us what a fine fellow he was and how many customers returned and requested his services. Paid for full day with lunch. Guide returned us to Gaston's around noon and said he would meet us at l p.m. Water was high and turbulent in PM; ergo, we fished only an hour or so without success. On the whole, a disappointing experience. Have fished with independent guides who were smartly clad, immaculately clean boats, professional conduct and made the trip enjoyable. Gaston's does provide a nice view from the outdoor dining area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John H
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your trip to the White River and Gaston's. I am also sorry that you did not reply to my request for more detailed information so that I could have taken care of the problem.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Gastons for years and it keeps getting better and better. Flying in on the grass strip was one thing I can check off my bucket list, very exciting.
This trip we rode up and had dinner and it was great as always. The view is second to none and the service was excellent.
Even got to visit with Jim in the gift shop before we left. Great guy! Great place, thanks Jim!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Xmikex98
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you ... we work hard each day to make Gaston's better ... Today we ordered 50+ new flat screen TV's ... Living in a rural area we have never be pleased with our internet ... now we have went for 1.5mbps to 6.5mbps :-).

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Not a more beautiful spot on the river, and the fishing is the best in the world! The lodging is great, the food is outstanding, and the staff really know how to take care of you. I can't wait to get back, it really doesn't cost any more to go First Class!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ArkansasDude2013
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thanks for the very kind comments ... Looking forward to seeing y'all again !!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you are a fisherman Gaston's is the place you want to vacation. The trout fishing is superb. The cabin was comfortable, roomy and clean. There was a beautiful view of the river. The restaurant is unique and the food is very good. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend Gaston's as a great place to relax and make some memories.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thanks !!! It is always great news when we learn that folks enjoy the White River and Gaston's.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Amazing dinner with my wife and little girl at Gaston's Restaurant. The service was great and the view topped it all off. We look to make a return trip this fall and stay at the resort. Hope the stay is just as good as the food.

• Stayed: September 2013

Pleased that y'all enjoyed your visits to Gaston's ... Looks like we are going enjoy excellent fall color this year :-)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were married at Gaston's, in their Gazebo, and it was incredible. EVERYONE went out of their way to ensure that it was memorable. It was short notice for the staff at Gaston's, (I did not know they have an event co-ordinator), and the help and suggestions made by Cheri Krug (the event co-ordinator) were invaluable. We caught fish in the morning for our evening meal, and our server, Daniel, ensured that everyone was happy, glasses filled,cake sliced, plates full, he is an asset to Gaston's! The chef did an outstanding job prepareing fish we caught that morning, and everything was wonderful. I had a great time at my wedding because they took the burden completly off me, I was allowed to sit and enjoy and just visit and laugh and talk.
If you ever get the opportunity to visit this resort, do so. Don't walk, run to the car and be prepared to have a great time. You will enjoy the fishing, the scenery, and the people. It is quite beautiful and they have trails to walk, a pool, and that great trout fishing thing going on.
There is something for everyone at Gaston's! We will definitly return, and we both recommend Gaston's to everyone.
Mark and Pattie Weber

Room Tip: Gaston's is a 5 star fishing resort and deservidly so, beautiful scenery and a river full of tro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Good day ... thank you for your VERY kind comments and for being a supporter of Gaston's ... :-) :-) :-)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Everyone who knows me has heard me speak of my love for Gastons Resort. It is a love affair that began when I was a eleven year old boy on vacation with my family. Now some 46 years and many visits later,later that love is still there and maybe greater than ever. There is no finer place on this earth to relax and/or enjoy nature at it's finest. It is a photographer's dream destination. And, if like me, your passion is catching large brown trout or acrobatic rainbows, there is no better place than the incomparable White River of Arkansas.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks !!!!!!!!!! What a true friend to me and Gaston's !!!! Looking FORWARD to your next visit.
Jim

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeview
The River Rock Hotel
Twin Lakes Inn and Resort
Twin Lakes Inn and Resort
#5 of 5 in Lakeview
Norfork Lake Ozark Mountain Lodge

Been to Gaston's White River Resort? Share your experiences!