“Gaston’s one of my favorite places.”

Gaston's White River Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Lakeview
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Louisiana
“Gaston’s one of my favorite places.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I make it a point to visit Gaston’s every time I come to Arkansas. Being from south Louisiana where food is king, I would have to say Gaston’s food is OK. But the atmosphere and view are unbeatable. So anytime you get a chance stop in, sit back, have a cold drink, and enjoy the view! The longer it takes for the food to come the more you will get to see. After your meal make your way down to the dock and feed the trout, you will enjoy it as much as they will.

• Visited April 2013

Springfield, Missouri
“Love Gaston's”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a wonderful place to eat and to stay! Reading the reviews I see some negative comments. My advice is this..............eat TROUT. That is what they are famous for. Their trout dishes are just wonderful. They also do super shrimp. The view is so beautiful. I'm not crazy about the hostess whom I find a bit patronizing. However, I think it's a really good place even if it is a bit pricey. The gift shop is such fun. If you want to stay over the cabins are nice. Rustic but clean and comfortable. It even has it's own private runway for small planes. Gaston's is an experience, not just a burger.

• Visited February 2013
Ormond Beach, Florida
“The interior is decorated fantastic, great view of the river - disappointed in their food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

While traveling my wife and I stopped here on a week day for lunch. The restaurant is very large and has really interesting antiques on the walls and ceilings. I took lots of photos of them, but you can see photos on their site. I only took pictures of our table and food. The service was excellent, but now on to the food. We had a table by the window and I saw a person served at the table next to us one of their signature burgers with battered onion rings and melted cheese on top of them. My waitress said it was fantastic so I ordered it. My wife ordered the White River Salad and asked if the dressing is put on the salad and tossed because she did not want a lot of dressing on it. The waitress said they do not put the dressing on heavy. My burger arrived (cooked like I wanted it) but I noticed there were no onion rings on it. All of a sudden another waitress came to the table with onion rings on a plate. The chef must have forgot them! That's pretty bad on a signature menu item. My wife's salad had a lot of dressing on it and it showed under the salad as it dripped off. We did not return the items, but probably should have. For what we received the price was a little high. After returning to our location we were staying at, we told others about our visit. They said they also were disappointed in the food. We were disappointed, expecting a lot better. Like I mentioned, the ambience is nice.

• Visited April 2013
Saint James, Missouri
“Brunch with a View”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Brunch at Gaston's is heavenly. As I enjoyed my meal, I also enjoyed the view from a bank side setting on the White River. I enjoyed watching fishermen drift by, while catching rainbow and brown trout. Also the spring duck migration is going one. Flight after flight of teal and gadwalls winged their way up river while I finished brunch with a cup of coffee and cheesecake.

The atmosphere at Gaston's is fabulous with a grand outdoor theme and the grand outdoors aright out the window. The services excellent and the smoked trout convinced me I Need to quit eating and grab my fly rod.

• Visited March 2013
Arkansas Girl
“Great view - terrible food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We've eaten at Gaston's off and on for many years. We keep trying it again at least twice a year to see if things have improved but so far no luck. We keep trying different menu items but so far no real winner. View is fabulous but surely they could do better with their food. Suggestion is to do the salad bar and then possibly a hamburger (hard to mess that up). Prices are steep for the poor quality of the food.

• Visited January 2013