“The interior is decorated fantastic, great view of the river - disappointed in their food”

Gaston's White River Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Lakeview
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ormond Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

While traveling my wife and I stopped here on a week day for lunch. The restaurant is very large and has really interesting antiques on the walls and ceilings. I took lots of photos of them, but you can see photos on their site. I only took pictures of our table and food. The service was excellent, but now on to the food. We had a table by the window and I saw a person served at the table next to us one of their signature burgers with battered onion rings and melted cheese on top of them. My waitress said it was fantastic so I ordered it. My wife ordered the White River Salad and asked if the dressing is put on the salad and tossed because she did not want a lot of dressing on it. The waitress said they do not put the dressing on heavy. My burger arrived (cooked like I wanted it) but I noticed there were no onion rings on it. All of a sudden another waitress came to the table with onion rings on a plate. The chef must have forgot them! That's pretty bad on a signature menu item. My wife's salad had a lot of dressing on it and it showed under the salad as it dripped off. We did not return the items, but probably should have. For what we received the price was a little high. After returning to our location we were staying at, we told others about our visit. They said they also were disappointed in the food. We were disappointed, expecting a lot better. Like I mentioned, the ambience is nice.

• Visited April 2013

Saint James, Missouri
“Brunch with a View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Brunch at Gaston's is heavenly. As I enjoyed my meal, I also enjoyed the view from a bank side setting on the White River. I enjoyed watching fishermen drift by, while catching rainbow and brown trout. Also the spring duck migration is going one. Flight after flight of teal and gadwalls winged their way up river while I finished brunch with a cup of coffee and cheesecake.

The atmosphere at Gaston's is fabulous with a grand outdoor theme and the grand outdoors aright out the window. The services excellent and the smoked trout convinced me I Need to quit eating and grab my fly rod.

• Visited March 2013
Arkansas Girl
“Great view - terrible food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We've eaten at Gaston's off and on for many years. We keep trying it again at least twice a year to see if things have improved but so far no luck. We keep trying different menu items but so far no real winner. View is fabulous but surely they could do better with their food. Suggestion is to do the salad bar and then possibly a hamburger (hard to mess that up). Prices are steep for the poor quality of the food.

• Visited January 2013
Yellville, Arkansas
“Located right on the Banks of the White River”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great views overlooking the river. Good salad bar. Large menu with locale favorites. Trout is one of the specials. Sunday brunch is popular. Not my 1st choice for dining in the area but the atmosphere makes up for the average food.

Yellville, Arkansas
“Overpriced and not yummy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have not had any luck getting a good meal here. The location is wonderful, overlooking the White River, but the food just doesn't live up to the price tag.