“Poor Customer Service”

Days Inn Lake Village
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Village
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ramada Limited in Lake Village AR. I discovered after I got in the shower that there were no towels. Inconvenient to say the least. The carpets were dirty. The breakfast looked like it had been sitting there for a week. The next day I returned to find that my room had not been serviced. All this I can overlook. The rude service I cannot. Trying to resolve a billing error was like pulling teeth. Manager should just own up to mistake and correct error.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
RamadaLVManagement, General Manager at Days Inn Lake Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Hello Karl, I read your review and would like to take this opportunity to respond to you. I understand how you must have felt standing in the shower with no clean towels. We inspect each room after our housekeepers clean them to avoid such mistakes. It is rare for this to happen and I do apologize. Our carpets are less than two years old and we have them professionally cleaned often. As your stay was during season I will have them cleaned again. I am uncertain of your billing concern. Please call the hotel and I will be happy to see if we can correct the problem. Thank you.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Ramada Limited in Lake Village is just plain NASTY. Hair (pubic hairs?) in the tub, feces (AKA poop) on the wall by the tissue paper, the room smelt of something I can not identify, the carpeting was wet, the table dirty. Now for the beds... bed, sheets, mattresses, pillows...just plain NASTY. I do not think the sheets had been washed. I prayed that I wouldn't get any bugs.
When I got into this room I thought 'this must be what I've heard about a cheap motel room for a sleazy rendezvous'.
I am a woman that was here for my job...to catch a tow boat. Imagine me working on a tow boat, saying THIS place is NASTY. And God help me, I do not EVER intend to stay @ THIS or ANY Ramada again.
One more thing...if the rooms were like this, I can not EVEN imagine what the kitchen is like. Gah, no way would I eat there.

Room Tip: Do not even stop here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa B

Dear Melissa B,
I am sorry to see you felt you had such a bad experience at our hotel. I do remember talking with you during your checkout. As you remember you brought to our attention, unfortunate as it was, a hair you found in your room. For this I apologize. Our staff takes our product quality seriously, please consider calling the front desk at your first sign of dissatisfaction we would certainly take every effort to correct any issue at that time. We are proud of our bug free hotel and have also installed upgraded bedding and pillows as you can view on our website photos. Please reconsider your opinion of us and off us another chance to be of service to you.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Room 221: 1:30 AM Saturday July 7, 2012 I was awaken by something that felt like a bug on my neck. I turned on the light on the nightstand and almost had a heart attack. My pillow and the fitted sheet was covered in bugs. Screaming I told my husband there are bugs in this bed. He jumped up picked up the pillow and the bugs fill out like rain. I ran to two other rooms to check on my children. There was also a few bed bugs in the boys room 220. The girls room seemed to only have ants and they told me about finding a dirty used towel in the shower earlier. I ran downstairs and told the night attendance we had bugs in the bed. He told me that they don't have and have never had that problem. I told him to get to room 221 now. He walk in and stayed some distance from the bed, look at the blood spots on the sheets and said " those are bed bugs bites. I'll be right back I'm going to get you another room." If you have never had that problem how do you know the blood is from bites. I didn't know, I just thought it was one more nasty thing of them not to change the sheets. The blood was from the bugs biting me and my husband. The manager says they have never had a problem with bed bugs before. My body and several people says differently. I'm told there is always a problem with room 210. Now they can add rooms 220 and 221 to the list.
On Sunday morning during check-out room 220 and room 221 was opened back-up and made ready for people to check-in.

Room Tip: Room 210, 220 and 221 have bed bugs
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Charlene E
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Let me start off by saying, and I qoute the maids that work there, and see by my own eyes and my family. The maids said "Room 210 gets bed bugs all the time,and ppl always complain about it, the manager just says spray it down because I am still renting it out". My moms and Dads room had it (BIG AND LITTLE BED BUGS, there was blood on the sheets from them thats how bad it was) in room 221, my brothers had it in room 220 and my room 222 had ants everywhere. The manager told us we must have brought all the bugs with us.... really funny thing is maid and the janitor was telling us it was a normal thing and the manager would tell us that we brouhgt it with us. Also my room did not have a microwave and a fridge in it when we ask them to bring it out they acted as if they didnt want to do it. This expierence was horrible and I will not ever in my life go there again even if it was a last place to lay my head before i became homeless. There is no ac in the hallway upstairs so it very hot and in the stairs ways because there is no elvator so dont look for one. If you look on their page for reviews they only have the good ones posted(DUH)!!!

Room Tip: just dont go!!!! period
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicole O
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Rooms were older but had new tvs and were pretty clean. Breakfast not too great but otherwise my stay was fine.

I did meet the manager and he was very nice! Overall pretty nice place for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This motel was just average in my opinion, especially for a ramada. My wife and I spent 7 days there in May/2012. Let me see, what should I report? The manager doubled booked our room one night, so some man was seen trying to get in our room. (fortunately we had fastened the dead bolt). If that was not bad enough, shortly after that incident, the manager rudely told my wife by way of the room phone, (about 11:00 p.m.) that we would have to leave the room (supposedly for that man that had tried to break in), or we would have to pay for another night (which had already been paid for). Problems of a lesser scale included hair in bathtub, no towels, sink stopper that didn't work, bathtub drain plug missing.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JMP1949
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Room #107 has modern upgrades: flat screen tv, microwave oven, refrigerator, hair dryer, Keurig coffee pot in room, modern furniture and decor.
The room was clean.
The shower/bath area really could use some upgrades.
On Highway 65 We didn't see a bill board.
5-6-12 room charge $71.96 + tax = 81.31.
Affiliated with Wyndham Worldwide Hotels, Inc.
In this area of Arkansas there are very few motels to choose from. This would be a recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Greenville
South Shore Cottages
South Shore Cottages
#1 of 4 in Lake Village

Been to Days Inn Lake Village? Share your experiences!