Days Inn Lake Village
South Shore Cottages(Lake Village)
$99
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Pecan Grove Rv Park(Lake Village)
$22
HIExpress.com
Relax Inn(McGehee)
$58
$52
Turn on Inn(Lake Village)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdecent place to stayquiet stayboiled eggsan overnight stayking bedwe've stayedclean roomsgreenvillefunerallinenslake
Reviewed August 31, 2011

So, my family had planned a trip to Gulf Shores the end of July through the first week in August. I started searching for hotels in May since we have four kids and thought it would be unreasonable to travel 12 hours without stopping. We knew we didn't want to drive more than 5-6 hours which put us around Greenville, MS. There weren't any hotels within 100 miles that had good reviews. I called the Ramada and talked to the manager, Toni and asked him what he could tell me about his place that would make me feel better about staying there. He told me they had renovated, had new beds, new management, etc. I got a great price for booking 21 days in advance...$55 per night. We arrived late on Thursday night, around 10. The lobby smelled very clean and was nicely decorated. The guy at the front desk wasn't the friendliest, but wasn't rude either. After I got the keys, I went and checked the room first off for bed bugs, cleanliness, etc. Beds were fine...no signs of bed bugs anywhere on either bed, or headboards and nothing on luggage rack. (These are the places you look after researching online) Room was cold, didn't have a foul smell and bathroom was clean as well as the sheets and comforter. My only complaint would be the carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed very well. Breakfast the next morning was really good. They had a good selection and kept it stocked well. Coffee was good in the room and at the breakfast area. We didn't have any issues with noise either. The next morning I met Toni, the manager and he was VERY nice. We were so pleased that we stayed again on the way home and experienced the same except the guy at the front desk this time was extremely nice when we checked in late again. Our total stay was checkin around 10 pm and the first time checked out around 9 am and the second time we checked in around 9 pm and left around 7 am. We didn't have breakfast the second time, went through McDonalds next store. We were even charged the exact rate we were promised. So, for this hotel having such a bad rap, I was pleasantly surprised and I think people should give it more of a chance. Maybe it was because I called and talked to Toni before booking/staying and had promised a good review if we had a pleasant experience, but we were really pleasantly surprised and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Well I was going to give them a relatively good review until someone (cleaning lady Angela) decided to try to come into my room WITHOUT knocking at 9am! Newsflash: check-out isn't until 11! Also their internet kicks you off about every 15 minutes and this morning (now that I'm UP) I tried to get online but their internet is off. Great pillows and a nice tv is about all I can say. The fridge isn't even cold. Told the two people who checked me in (apparently it's a group effort) that I have my dog with me plus plenty of people saw him last night but they didn't charge me for him when I checked in. I even said "what about the pet fee?" so if they try that $250 bs when I check out I am NOT going to be a happy camper! The Keurig in the room is a nice touch but I'm still pissed about "Angela" trying to let herself into my room withOUT so much as a knock! Thank goodness my dog has a scary bark :-) he wasn't happy to be woken up either!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank MeAndMyDog2
Reviewed July 7, 2010

The man at the front desk was uncooperative and downright rude! The rooms weren't clean, there was mold on the outside of the air conditioner vents, the air conditioner filters were filthy, the key-card access through the back door had been rigged where anyone could enter the property without a key-card, there were bare concrete floors with exposed tack strips in the hallway, the carpet and/or padding extended from inside room out into hallway creating a trip hazard for those entering the room, a fire alarm was not easily accessible due to rolled up carpet padding...a terrible place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
RamadaLVManagement, Manager at Days Inn Lake Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear Alvin, I am sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. We have discussed your review with our entire staff are are unsure who miss handeled your concerns. We service all of our AC units at least twice a year. That service includes removing and cleaning them. We are almost complete with our summer cycle. In reference to the carpets we were in the process of replacing the carpet in the entire hotel which is now complete. Additionally the entry doors are set to lock during night hours. We have the privelidge of living in an area that allows unlocked doors during the day hours. We hope you will give us another opportunity and take note of all of the improvements we continue to make.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

Hotel is apparently under new management. Staff friendly and helpful, room clean, has refrigerator and microwave, and continental breakfast was good too. I've seen negative reviews of this hotel and just wanted to provide an update as this hotel deserves more consideration.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank newgrad
Reviewed September 26, 2009

This hotel provides the basics. No frills. Not very clean. But it is about the only place in town to stay, so that counts for something. If you must stay in the area, you will likely survive the experience. Just don't expect much.

I must mention that my wife and I had to remove several body hairs from the beds, and I did find some in the tub. Also, my wife found and cleaned several urine stains around the toilet. Bottom line, they don't clean the rooms.

Also, beware of the cups at the sink. They aren't individually wrapped like you would normally expect. They are just styrofoam cups left out in the open. They appeared clean, but who knows.

One more thing, if you are lucky enough to get an upstairs room, don't go looking for the elevator. There isn't one.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family