ABS was the first stop on our Kerala trip and it helped us instantly to wind down after a hectic couple of weeks before our departure. The property only has four cottages, we stayed at the Violin cottage with our own private plunge pool - what a luxury!
The property has a very laid back feel to it, it is not meant to be like one of the larger resorts with reception, restaurants etc. However, staff are always available if you need anything, serving food, snacks, drinks etc. throughout the day. Food and timing is discussed with you according to your individual preference. We loved having our meals served on our terrace and enjoying the privacy. And the quality of the food was outstanding!
The ayurvedic treatments in the little treatment hut on the property are great and as some others have already said, great value for money.
Some other reviewers have complained about the beach. Basically, this is still a fairly untouristic stretch with fishermen working on the beach and "normal Indian life" taking place. This is not a manicured, gated beach which forms part of a resort. This is what we particularly liked about it but we are rather prefer walking than lying on the beach (which is not a familiar concept for Indian people anyway!).
I would like to point out that Jan, Deepu and everybody else went above and beyond to make our stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. While we were there, there was a general strike in Kerala and Jan and Deepu rejigged our itinerary so that we do not run into any trouble, arranging everything from changing the accommodation, re-arranging with the drivers etc.
We would very much recommend this place for people looking for a more personal experience away from the big touristic resorts, spending a couple of relaxing days by the seaside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from work to paradise! Where dreams come true for those looking for a perfect relaxing holiday.Only 4 separate cottages set in a coconut tree beach garden. Hammocks around the property, completely furnished super spacious verandab with relaxing and dining set, all the meals served on your veranda & All cottages have AC (even the extra room in Khombu has a separate one). A common swimming pool (15 x 5 meter) with plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas. We really look after you to guarantee a perfect stay because holidays are precious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your A Beach Symphony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Beach Symphony Hotel Alappuzha
- A Beach Symphony Kerala/Mararikulam, India