This place is one of the best we have ever stayed in. Violin cottage is wonderful with a large pool to yourself and a huge room. Clean, comfortable, quiet air conditioning, own terrace, flowers everywhere, we could go on and on. The food is incredible, wine reasonable, service professional and friendly. The biriani as recommended previously is the best biriani we have ever had. Crystal came to see us every day and helped us sort out a problem with our flight home. Thank you it worked out very well in the end.
There was a festival at the local temple and the tuk tuk from A Beach Symphony took us there each evening and the driver waited for us to come back. Only cost a few rupees. The festival was out of this world with 5 elephants in golden headress. We were made to feel very welcome by everyone there, such a lovely community.
Regarding the beach!! Its a working beach, not a private one. The fishermen live there in very poor conditions but cause no problem for tourists. You are not hassled for money or anything like that. There are dogs, goats etc etc living in the nearby homes and A Beach Symphony has no control over which animals or people use the beach, and nor should they. We are tourists and should accept the local life there and not always expect the sanitised beaches you get elsewhere in the world, which often have no atmosphere. As they say "It's India"!!
That's just our opinion anyway, we got some great photographs on the beach.
We stayed 3 nights but could honestly have stayed a week it was so relaxing, beautiful and friendly. Would love to go back one day, Thanks Crystal Jan and all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from work to paradise! Where dreams come true for those looking for a perfect relaxing holiday.Only 4 separate cottages set in a coconut tree beach garden. Hammocks around the property, completely furnished super spacious verandab with relaxing and dining set, all the meals served on your veranda & All cottages have AC (even the extra room in Khombu has a separate one). A common swimming pool (15 x 5 meter) with plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas. We really look after you to guarantee a perfect stay because holidays are precious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your A Beach Symphony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Beach Symphony Hotel Alappuzha
- A Beach Symphony Kerala/Mararikulam, India