Stayed here for 4 nights at the end of a week in Kerala. Booked direct with Jan who was helpful and efficient, including laying on transfers from/to Cochin. We stayed in Violin cottage which is beautifully modernised and a delight to stay in. The addition of a private pool is a big plus although we used the communal pool every morning and loved that too. Its slightly disappointing that it has been necessary to screen the rear of the cottage with a plastic sheet but the outdoor shower probably demands protection from inquisitive eyes (it also allows you to sunbathe privately which is quite nice!). The room is large, the bed is comfortable and the bathroom is pleasant. The best part of our trip was the ability to dine together privately on our terrace every night. The food is excellent although the choice is fairly limited. The day bed on the terrace was great too when we wanted a break from the intensity of the sun. We had an ayurvedic treatment but were disappointed with the ambiance of the treatment room and the rather functional massage technique. The grounds of Beach Symphony open directly onto the beach which stretches for miles in each direction. We walked on the beach every morning and at sunset. It is a 'working' beach so has fishermen and their dogs every few hundred yards, and in common with many places in India the beach is also used for daily ablutions. This means you need to watch your step in the mornings and although swimming is safe, I would always choose to use the pool! In summary:
The Good - Violin cottage, the communal pool, the cooking and the quiet
The Bad - The ayurvedic treatment room
The Ugly - morning ablutions on the beach
That said, we are experienced India travellers and found our stay here extremely relaxing and would definately stay here again for a peaceful break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from work to paradise! Where dreams come true for those looking for a perfect relaxing holiday.Only 4 separate cottages set in a coconut tree beach garden. Hammocks around the property, completely furnished super spacious verandab with relaxing and dining set, all the meals served on your veranda & All cottages have AC (even the extra room in Khombu has a separate one). A common swimming pool (15 x 5 meter) with plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas. We really look after you to guarantee a perfect stay because holidays are precious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your A Beach Symphony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Beach Symphony Hotel Alappuzha
- A Beach Symphony Kerala/Mararikulam, India