“Excellent accommodation with great staff”
Review of Marari Villas

Marari Villas
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a bit late writing this review but felt i should, just to let others know how great this place is.

We stayed at Marari Villas for 5 nights in the Orchid Cottage back in November and had a great time. We had tagged the visit on to a hectic tour of Northern India and we certainly appreciated the chance to relax without a care in the world.

The villa itself was well equipped with everything you would expect and also manages to pull off a 'homely' feel. (the owners Rupert and Olga have great taste in DVDs!) The private pool was excellent for early morning swimming.

The food provided by the villa's chef Rajesh was good quality and priced well - we didn't feel the need to eat anywhere else for the whole week.

What made the villa stand out for us however was the level of service and the friendliness of the staff. I really couldnt praise them highly enough! Shan was a great villa host; nothing was ever too much trouble. Benjamin the beach attendant was really friendly and a pleasure to chat with.

Watching the sunset from the deck chairs on the beach, cocktail in hand is a definite must!

The only potential downside(s) to staying at Marari Villas is that the beach is a small walk from the villa and the path can sometimes be inhabited by beach dogs... not an issue for us but may be for some! The sea is also not really suitable for swimming in and you may need to watch your step when walking along the beach!

The flip side of course is that you get to see a non-commercialised piece of beach with fishermen preparing their nets and locals playing cricket!

I would definitely recommend a stay here though you probably won't want to leave!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Dean H
MarariVillas, Owner at Marari Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thanking you for sharing your experience after staying at Marari Villas. We really appreciate your kind comments and it encourages us to do even better. We look forward to having you back at Marari Villas sometime in future. With Best Wishes. Marari Villas Team

There are newer reviews for Marari Villas

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed in the Orchid Cottage - perfectly designed in every way from the room, interior, gardens, private pool to the service. Luxury but in a tasteful way. The staff were friendly and welcoming, there at the ring of a small bell and always discrete. There's a private chef and a whole range of tasty meals to choose from, served up at your private dining area. Every tiny detail of this place has been carefully considered and there's no expense spared. A short walk takes you to a secluded beach with private sun loungers and shower, there you'll find the friendly Benjamin to watch over your belongings if you wish to take a swim.

Olga and Rupert will definitely look after you and make sure you have an amazing time. You can see that their backgrounds in architecture and events management have come together perfectly to create this holiday experience of a life time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HelenLJ
Reviewed February 1, 2013

A Kerala trip was my Birthday gift last year (yes, this review is over a year late in coming). And after 2 days in Kochi, we traveled to Olga & Rupert's beautiful beach-side property in Mararikulam. I wanted to stay put and not go back to the city. Olga despite her busy schedule got me a delicious cake and the dinner with Appams and Chettinadu chicken was just perfect. The beach-facing villas are idyllic. We stayed in in the larger room which was more like a well appointed little house by itself. I could sit on the porch outside and read a book all day, stroll on the beach in the evening - with some fisherfolk and crabs running along for company and muse about the meaning of life and such existential questions as the waves would take me by surprise interrupting my thoughts and my walk - as if calling out to me to stop thinking and start living.

I'd lost a pair of shoes and was sulking about how I can't go for a jog on the beach, when I got to Marari. Olga said to me that perhaps its a sign to go barefoot and enjoy the sand beneath your feet :) These words will stay with me forever. Just like the memories.

Thank you Olga & Rupert for a time I'll never forget.
The comfort, the food and the experience were just the best birthday gift I could get.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just came back from a dream mid week break at the villa on the beach. The villa has three bedrooms and it is amazing. Olga and Rupert are lovely hosts and they attend to all the details. The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable. There are outdoor showers to rinse after the beach. The swimming is divine, (early morning very calm sea and late afternoon it is for tose that like waves!) There is a large living area perfect for hanging out and listening to music . Dinner can be outside in the garden or inside the covered dining area. All three rooms are large and have all the amenities one might need. (Even hairdryers!!!) The food was lovely and at breakfast you must order the soft boiled eggs....served in a shot glass they are amazing!!!!

Room Tip: If you can choose this villa as it is right on the beach and the views are lovely.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ARIA01
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had the great pleasure of spending 3 fantastic days at Marari. The wonderful welcome we received from Olga and Rupert was like meeting up with old friends. They couldn't have been more accommodating. Our room was really lovely and dinners were very romantic sitting by our own pool in Orchid Villa. A really spendid small and intimate place to stay. Couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed there with our friend from UK from 8th-11th Jan'13, we had an amazing holiday and enjoyed the hospitality of Olga and Rupert. The Villa has a very good sea view , great rooms and the staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank pkmumbai
Reviewed January 12, 2013

What can I say that hasn't been said already. It exceeded ALL our expectations. We stayed for 5 Days in The Orchid Villa and we will be back next January with the family to gobble up the rest. The Staff were amazing and on call at all times......Thank you all 10 fold.. (Gin and my Favourite book were sourced. A tailor found )... The food (Well let me tell you all! ) was exceptional. It's not very often in this life that we have our own Chef and he was a dream. The Villa was spotless. The Beach was deserted and clean. it was relaxing to the point of Heaven
I can honestly say with my hand on my heart and (still sorry guys) tears of gratitude in my eyes We LOVED IT at Marari Villas

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mararikulam
Xandari Pearl
#2 of 5 in Mararikulam
Kumarakom Lake Resort
Kumarakom Lake Resort
#4 of 26 in Kumarakom

Been to Marari Villas? Share your experiences!