This was the final venue of our tour of Kerala and they had saved the best till last. We had upgraded to a pool villa and were astounded at the size and luxury of it. We were in villa 19 and we noticed at the foot of our bed, hanging on the wall, a framed post- stay review of villa 19 and the hotel in general signed by Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills who stayed in the villa on there honeymoon. The resort has a private beach on the Arabian sea but you need to be careful when walking along it as the local fishermen are not fussy about where they do there toilet functions. Apart from this every other aspect of our stay was fantastic from the delicious reasonably priced food and drink, to the helpful staff and lovely grounds A must try is the old guy who comes at tea time with his "Cha waggon" and makes Masala tea in the traditional way . It is delicious. Would recommend this resort to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marari Beach sprawls across 55 acres of lawns, far-flung lotus ponds and whispering coconut groves, all threaded through with stone- flagged pathways. Living: Modelled on the fishermens' dwellings of Mararikulam, your accommodations are a fine balance between traditional form and modern function. Dining: At Marari Beach, you can enjoy the simple traditional dishes of the fisherfolk (along with, of course , a variety of international cuisine favourites) at our verandah- style restaurant. Dinners are candlelit, often with live music. Healing: Marari Beach has a fully equipped ayurvedic centre, so you can get all the benefits of this ancient system of medicine. Put yourself in the hands of our expert masseuses and you'll feel reborn. There are also regular yoga classes on the beach, in the thick of a cool coconut grove. The locale, we're told, does wonders for your inner serenity. Need we say more? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Marari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marari Beach Hotel Alappuzha
- Marari Beach Resort Kerala/Mararikulam, India