My friend and I (as part of a group) finished our tour of Kerala with a stay at Marari Beach Resort.
The bungalows with outside shower and toilet facilities were very good although the thatch does make the interior very dark. The grounds are spacious and well laid out. The swimming pool is lovely, although on occasions there were no available sun loungers. As a vegetarian the choice of food was very good but it would have been nice to have more choice at the salad bar. Wine is very expensive and therefore it would have been better to be able to buy it by the glass. I loved learning about meditation from a real expert and it was free. Because of the location and the low lit grounds there was nothing to do in the evening after leaving the restaurant. Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful but others, especially in the restaurant could only manage very false smiles which were dropped as soon as they turned away..However my two main gripes are (a) the useless lifeguard - I asked him one day if the swimming was ok and he suggested it best to count the sets of waves to get in and out but I felt unsure, especially when he went back to his seat in the shade under the trees and out of sight of the edge of the sea, also there was no life saving equipment so I missed out on my swim; (b) the only time during the week our beds were made was when the linen was changed after 3 days, otherwise the cover was simply pulled over the rumpled sheets so we had to make our own beds, also the floor was not cleaned properly especially under the beds. Also we had problems with mosquitoes and until we asked there was nothing was supplied to keep them out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco resort run by CGH Earth on the beach at Mararikulam, kerala ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Marari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marari Beach Hotel Alappuzha
- Marari Beach Resort Kerala/Mararikulam, India