Although we enjoyed our stay at Marari Beach Resort, it is not necessarily the kind of place we would go back to. It was too much of a 'resort' for our taste and felt cut off from the surrounds. It is an excellent choice if you like to spend your day on the beach or by the pool, but there is little else to do. Having said that, two things stood out. There were daily yoga and meditation sessions led by two very experienced and exceptional teachers. A departure from energetic Western-style yoga classes and very refreshing for that reason. The Ayurvedic treatment centre was also excellent. It was traditional and treatments were delivered following a consultation with the resident Ayurvedic doctor. Accommodation was clean and comfortable. The food was average. We ate all our dinners at the small beach side restaurant and these were very good, but breakfast was generally disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marari Beach sprawls across 55 acres of lawns, far-flung lotus ponds and whispering coconut groves, all threaded through with stone- flagged pathways. Living: Modelled on the fishermens' dwellings of Mararikulam, your accommodations are a fine balance between traditional form and modern function. Dining: At Marari Beach, you can enjoy the simple traditional dishes of the fisherfolk (along with, of course , a variety of international cuisine favourites) at our verandah- style restaurant. Dinners are candlelit, often with live music. Healing: Marari Beach has a fully equipped ayurvedic centre, so you can get all the benefits of this ancient system of medicine. Put yourself in the hands of our expert masseuses and you'll feel reborn. There are also regular yoga classes on the beach, in the thick of a cool coconut grove. The locale, we're told, does wonders for your inner serenity. Need we say more? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Marari Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marari Beach Hotel Alappuzha
- Marari Beach Resort Kerala/Mararikulam, India